i'm starting in on a free guide to the hand drill. since i'm not doing it for myself, but rather for you (or whomever is interested), i want to know...
What topics regarding hand drill would you like covered? i haven't worked out a table of contents yet, but some "chapters" that will be included are:
- preferred woods
- fashioning a set with stone age tools
- some anecdotes from my classes
- the role of wood density
- green versus dead wood
- the value of nascent (sucker sprouts) growth
- non-notched embers
- spindle-tip embers
- amount of downward force required to generate embers
- the floating technique
- fungal hearthboards
- tinders and tinder bundles
i will put this on my website and have hard copies availble for mailing. please let me know your thoughts...