Depending on numbers, this meet we will be at upper north wood (farm end) parking will be on CP1. those who want to can drop off their gear (see map link below) and return their car to CP1.
weather permitting it may be on CP2 i will let you know nearer the time.
there will be some planned maintenance similar to the last meet for those who want to take part, its never an issue if you would rather chill, have a wander, practice skills or just nod off!, entirely voluntary
ok as before, just a reminder of terms and directions.
recently we have had to increase the fees more or less in line with comparable sites. after talks with Gordon, (the farmer) it has been agreed that the new fees will be pegged for the next year, please pay on arrival or as soon as is practicable. I donít want to be chasing people for fees as theyíre packing up!
ē Adults,............. £5 per night,
ē Aged 12~17 .....£3 per night
ē Under 12 ..........free.
After discussions amongst the 'North Wood Regulars' it has been decided to introduce a communal fire.
We feel in order to maintain our supply of free wood it is imperative that we act now. North Wood is getting known and seems to be gaining in popularity, what none of us want is to end up in a year or so with a sterile wood. You have left your pitches in impeccable order, no blame is to be attached to yourselves but with anything up to a possible 30 individual fires whether for warmth or cooking, stocks will rapidly dwindle.
To ensure the future of North Wood as a camping, bushcraft venue, and to conserve the continuing stocks of wood for the communal areas, the following conditions will apply;
- Wood collected and processed during the course of the meet is for use in the communal fire area (excluding small sticks, twigs) so that everyone benefits, or in some cases for the use of the farmer.
- If you want to bring in your own Honey Stoves, hobo stoves, twig, small stick burners (thumb size) and the like, they are acceptable providing they have sufficient ground clearance or protection to prevent scaring. Pit fires or similar are not acceptable.
- Modified jerry can (or similar) stoves, tent/tipi/lavvu stoves and the like are not acceptable unless you bring a sufficient amount of fuel for your needs for the duration of the meet.
With all the dead wood to hand, I know itís going to be tempting to carry on using it for individual fires, Iím hoping this is going to be self regulating however if individuals blatantly ignore this, they will not be invited back.
- live wood is to be left untouched, unless of course there's planned maintenance, in which case it will go to the communal fire or any projects.
This is not negotiable, If you require clarification on what is acceptable, drop me a pm.
I hope I have explained my motives for these actions clearly. They have been put in place to ensure the longevity of North Wood as a venue.
weíre still here on trial so it really is a case of leaving no junk / fire scars etc. the only thing we should leave is a good impression, take your rubbish home, there are no facilityís to leave it on the farm.
There have been odd occasions when other peoples rubbish has had to be disposed of, If you brought it in, itís up to you to dispose of it. No exceptions.
Are to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, guests or minors will be the responsibility of the person who bought, invited them,
A small section on the approach to north wood is sssi, unless otherwise instructed this will be marked and out of bounds, as will a small area within the wood which is personal to the farmer and is strictly out of bounds, see map link below.
- Access is from 1200 on the given date unless we have made prior arrangements to get in earlier. For security reasons the electronic gates will be closed overnight from 1900 to 0800 and all day Sunday, possible late or early arrivals feel free to pm me for gate code. We will vacate the site no later than 1400. On whatever day the meet ends
- The gate from the farm yard into the meadow must be kept closed at all times, if you open it you close it,
- the fields on the approach to the wood are sometimes hired out to a private company. if on arrival there is any activity on the meadow between the car park and the wood, and you need to unload your vehicle, keep to the track and proceed with caution at 15mph
There are no medical facilities on site, the nearest A & E is 15 minutes drive at;
Good Hope Hospital
Location of meet
location is opposite the belfry golf club on the A4091, OS map ref' SP189962 for those arriving early there is a large layby opposite the entrance, the full address is;
Middleton House Farm
And finally for those not familiar with north wood, this link may help...
click on the symbols for more information. oh and if you drag the orange man down to the road, you get a nice pic' of north wood too!
well thatís it for now, any questions just sing out
All the best and look forward to seeing you,