Here it is
The Bushcraft UK, Jungle skills course is a 8 day Tropical Jungle bushcraft and survival expedition led by certified UK guides/instructors. The expedition is a "no frills" low cost opportunity to experience top of the range instruction, deep in the forests of Borneo.
During the course, students will be expected to participate in routine tasks around the camp such as firewood collection, water collection, and general camp duties. Accommodation will be in Local accommodation on the first and last day and hammocks/tarps whilst in the jungle.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING A BOOKING.
Course provider: Bushcraft Expeditions (BE)
Minimum numbers: 10
Maximum numbers: 10
Minimum age: 18 (16 if accompanied by an adult)
Date of Expedition: 22nd – 29th September 2012
Expedition go/no go date: 15th June 2012
Duration: 8-day itinerary. Arriving am day one/departing pm day eight.
Timings and pick-up/drop off:
RV time 10:30hr on the 22nd September in Bandar Seri Begawan (BWN) airport arrivals hall, Brunei
Drop off for travel home 17:00hr on the 29th at Bandar Seri Begawan (BWN) airport.
Accommodation and catering:
Accommodation: Students provide own hammock or shelters or hire from BE (See below) for jungle phase and are in local accommodation on the first and last evening.
Catering: The Expedition is on a self-catering basis. Rations can be purchased very cheaply locally and advice on what to get will be given on day one for the jungle phase. Rations will be cooked over open fires. Transport into the local town will be provided to purchase rations and to dine at local restaurants on day 1 and 7.
Expedition Cost and payment details:
Expedition Cost: £820.00 (Fully inclusive of VAT)
A Non refundable deposit of £120.00 is required on booking – THIS DEPOSIT WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL IF THE EXPEDITION DOES NOT GO AHEAD
Final payments: payable immediately from the 15th June 2012 if expedition takes place and by no later than 15th July (any one failing to pay their final payment by the 15th July will lose their deposit and forfeit their place to a reserve)
All bookings and payments should be made directly to Bushcraft Expeditions by the following means:
To pay by credit/debit card:
Contact Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions office on 01432 356700. You will need to provide your full name, address, bank/card and contact (email and phone) details and BCUK user name.
To pay by Paypal:
Contact Becky in the Bushcraft Expeditions office on 01432 356700 or on the email address below. You will need to provide your full name, address, contact (email and phone) details, and BCUK user name. Do not make any payment until you have confirmed your booking with Bushcraft Expeditions office.
inforequest@bushcraftexpeditio ns.com (use this email address for Paypal payments)
To pay by bank transfer:
If paying directly into the bank by bank transfer etc please phone the number above for the account details. You will need to provide your full name, address, bank/card and contact (email and phone) details and BCUK user name.
All payments are by secure means.
On receipt of your booking and clearance of your deposit, all paper work will be sent via email.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT NO STUDENTS BOOK FLIGHTS OR PURCHASE EXPEDITION EQUIPMENT OR FOOD UNTIL THE EXPEDITION HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE TAKING PLACE. NIETHER BUSHCRAFT UK OR BUSHCRAFT EXPEDITIONS WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSE AS A RESULT OF STUDENTS NOT COMPLYING WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT
1. Jungle Outfitting, kit and equipment.
2. Dressing for the Jungle environment.
3. Daily routine and considerations for working in the Jungle environment.
4. Heat injuries their recognition, prevention and medical procedures in the Jungle environment.
5. Cutting tools in the Jungle environment, their selection safe use and maintenance.
6. Shelters from natural materials and contemporary tarps and hammocks
7. Fire lighting and fire husbandry in the jungle environment.
8. Traps and trapping.
9. Jungle Tracking and wild life observation.
10. Jungle Fishing and netting.
11. River crossing procedures.
12. Natural Cordage in the jungle
13. Wet/dry routine in the Jungle environment.
14. Signalling and rescue/casevac procedures.
15. Water procurement, carriage and preparation for consumption in the Jungle environment
16. Field cookery.
17. Jungle Wildfoods
18. Jungle Navigation
19. Jungle "A" frames
Included in the price:
1. Full instruction in Jungle Bushcraft and Survival from certified UK/English speaking Guides.
2. All internal transfers from/to the meeting point.
3. Accommodation fees on first and last day
4. Site fees.
5. Fully trained on site expedition medical cover.
6. Local guides
Not included in the cost:
1. International flights/transport to designated meeting point.
2. Any additional activities other than those stated.
3. Clothing and equipment hire.
4. Food and meals during the expedition.
5. Trip/cancellation insurance.
Optional equipment hire available:
1. Jungle hammock hire @ £4.00 per day
2. Jungle Tarp hire @ £3.00
3. Mosquito net hire. £3.00
4. Jungle machete (Purchase only, subject to availability). £50.00 each (+VAT)
Kit and Equipment requirements:
Cargo type trousers (loose fitting x 1)
Long sleeve shirt (loose fitting/fast drying x 1)
Walking socks (1 pair)
Lycra running/cycling shorts (plain without chamois gusset)
Lycra sports bra (ladies)
Belt (Not leather)
Cargo type trousers (loose fitting x 1)
Cotton “T” shirt (loose fitting x 1)
Socks (1 pair)
Trainers or light canvas type boots
Equipment you will need to bring:
Rucksack 65-70 ltr
Waterproof rucksack liner or canoe bag
1 season sleeping bag or lightweight blanket
Travel pillow (optional)
Water bottle (1 ltr min) or camelbak water container
Mug and spoon
Billy can (preferable) or mess tin (for cooking over open fires)
Small pocket knife
10 metres of strong nylon cord
Note book and pencil
Wash bag and toiletries.
Water bag (min 6 ltr) Dromedary recommended.
Means to carry water bottle, torch, camera, 1 days rations etc during day (small satchel or daysack)
Head torch and spare batteries
Waterproof map case
Small personal medical kit containing plasters, aspirin etc
Candles (6 min )
Antiseptic soap – purchasable in country
Foot powder – purchasable in country
Disposable lighters (2) – purchasable in country
All expedition members should contact their doctor for advice on Malaria prophylaxis and any other vaccinations required for Borneo (Brunei).