Date: 24 - 27 March 2011 (three nights).
Arrival time: from 17:00 on the 24th
EDIT: Please note that BST comes into effect at 01.00 on the Sunday morning.
Fees: Payment on arrival. If you haven't been before, someone will be able to point you in my direction.
As per usual, we're on PC11 .
As per usual, the location is Rough Close.
Location info taken from the link above:
City of Coventry Scout County
Rough Close Scout Campsite
OS: Grid Ref: SP264779 (Access): SP266786 (Site Centre):
This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome.
Site map and Grey scale map
Site fees are £4.40 per person per night.
The list isn't exhaustive - common sense applies. If in doubt, ask!
- Any monies given (by individuals, groups, families etc) which is above the camping fees will be automatically considered to be a donation to Rough Close campsite to aid with site maintenance, site regeneration etc.
- Forum members are responsible for themselves, the kit they use and their own actions (and any non member accompanying them) at the Meet.
- Under 18's must be accompanied by at least one parent (or legal guardian).
- You brought it in, you take it out – camping fees do not include a rubbish collection fee! The sites bin is the big orange thing in the camper’s car park.
- Responsible drinking of alcohol is ok – drugs are prohibited! Please don't walk through another groups pitch whilst drinking alcohol and/or smoking.
- Please keep ‘colourful language’ reasonable and to a reasonable volume.
- Vehicles need to be parked up in the campers car park. The parking by the cabin is for the use of those using the cabin and/or the field.
- Wood fires must be raised and contained. Periodically there is a shortage of wood available to burn - if you want to cook on an open fire, bring a supply of wood or charcoal.
- It would be wise to be carrying a torch before it gets dark! It could also be provident to put markers on your shelter so you can find it in the dark.
- In the highly unlikely event that I need to make use of this ... I reserve the right to stop any individual(s) from attending a Meet. Any individual(s) who I feel endanger our future use of the site will be required to leave the site; outstanding fees will still be owed.
The 'Touchy Subject' bit:
Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.
It's fine if you want to:
be on your own
lay on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over etc
practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that
practice flora and fauna ID
so on and so forth ...
This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.
Copy and paste yada yada ...
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.