Ok so it's time to start uising the wood burning fire at home and I've run into a problem.
Yesterday whilst sweeping out the chimeny the brush has detached from the end of the pole and is lodged in the chimney.
The Chimney is clear as at present other than the brush being stuck somewhere along it's length.
As I see it my options are as follows.
Buy a new set of chimney brushes and see if I can push it through from the fire place.
Call a professional chimney sweep but no idea how much this would cost.
Start a small fire and see if the heat will melt the bristles on the brush subsequently allowing it to drop back out.
Third option is a google search suggestion not a great idea I have come up with.
As mentioned above there is a clear air flow along the length of the chimney and my worry is that if I do try and melt the stuck brush out is this likely to cause a chimney fire?
The flue is unlined as far as I can tell and was swept last year. There appears to be little soot in there currently and the fire is only used seldomly.
Any thoughts, advice, recommendations welcome.
Cheers in advance.