Alpkit

Thread: Asda Boil in the bag fish

Thumbs up Asda Boil in the bag fish

Just polished of a piece of boil in the bag / microwavable salmon. - 1 a pop from Asda.

I wasn't expecting much but with all this talk of fish recently I couldn't resist. - I am really rather impressed. - fresh fish cooked in a few minutes in the microwave or ten minutes boiled.

Rather yummy. - might be quite nice for a night camping. - would have gone down even better with some simple boiled veg!

Andy
    FEATHER FORGE - Traditional Blacksmithing

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. Chinese Proverb

Would it cook over a fire in the bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Mac View Post
    Just polished of a piece of boil in the bag / microwavable salmon. - 1 a pop from Asda.

I wasn't expecting much but with all this talk of fish recently I couldn't resist. - I am really rather impressed. - fresh fish cooked in a few minutes in the microwave or ten minutes boiled.

Rather yummy. - might be quite nice for a night camping. - would have gone down even better with some simple boiled veg!

Andy
    And a nice Chablis....
    Guycep Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Teepee View Post
    Would it cook over a fire in the bag?
    in a suitable pot yes. - not in the bag by itself no.
    FEATHER FORGE - Traditional Blacksmithing

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever. Chinese Proverb

Thumbs up

Now theres a heads up I like, salmon 1 a pop. I gotta have me some of that!!! I do like me fish me

Hi ,
    A lot of frozen fish "multi bags" contain individual pieces in boilable bags . Seems to be a similar price but as well as asda check out the other big names , and Iceland is always worth a stroll through , seem to recollect that a lot of their meat is in boilable bags ( Lamb shanks etc ) watch the cooking time , although fish takes up less room and works out cheaper per piece .
    Cheers ,
    Trev ( who's just had some boilbag fish )
    Last edited by Trev; 08-05-2010 at 01:10. Reason: cooking time
    "To me! To me! Elves and Men! To me! O my kinsfolk!"