Alpkit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ludlow survivors

Default Ludlow survivors

Ludlow survivors any one hear or know of them have spoken to a couple of other people i know, who have advised me to stay away any other input. please

Lol - I think one member might have something to say about that
    Rich

Blog Entries

Quite a few of them are also active on this forum......
    If you are interested in "preparedness" then you might find them of interest..."Rambos" tend to get short shrift!
    Love makes the World go round......Lust makes it all go pear-shaped...

Blog Entries

He he, they're fine, as John says there's a number of members that are here and there. We go where we're comfortable so have a look for yourself and see what you think.
    Tone
    Explore : Discover : Achieve
    The most important thing is not 'who's right' but rather 'what's right'

2018 BushMoot 6th - 18th August 2018

Visit our pages and Sites : : Facebook : : Pinterest : : BushMoot : : Twitter @BCraftUK

Yep, we gently point those more into the 'stock, store and stash', and how to deal with natural disaster and civil unrest, folks, their direction.

AFAIK they aren't into the armed to the teeth kind of preparation. They're not trying to bring on any vigilante seperate state insurrection.

I suspect they'd find that laughable

cheers,
    Toddy
    I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over !

Become a Full Member and help support the site.
    http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Yep, we gently point those more into the 'stock, store and stash', and how to deal with natural disaster and civil unrest, folks, their direction.

AFAIK they aren't into the armed to the teeth kind of preparation. They're not trying to bring on any vigilante seperate state insurrection.

I suspect they'd find that laughable

cheers,
    Toddy
    Hilarious actually Toddy.
    Best thing to do is to have a look and then decide.Horses for courses really.

Quote Originally Posted by sapper1 View Post
    Hilarious actually Toddy.
    Best thing to do is to have a look and then decide.Horses for courses really.
    I think so

No one site will ever suit everybody. They all have their own strengths and limits.

cheers,
    M

I am a member (as I am of quite a few other sites). Friendly bunch and DEF NOT into 'Rambo' stuff.
    Try them and see.
    I think that they are not better or worse then others.
    ALL sites tend to suffer from the 'dominant' and the 'not so dominant'.
    I have found them to be fine.
    Also again every forum suffers from the same subject coming up again and again.
    For members that have been there a while, it can very easily loose its 'luster'.
    I remember when I subscribed to a mag called Car Mechanic and after two years the artilces repeated so I stopped buying.
    Apart from IT, there are very few areas that change a lot (within a persons lifetime).
    So how many ways can you say about making bannock? lol
    Having said that. I was a member once (before moving)of a fushia society and they ONLY ever talked about fushias. ALL year!! but the enthusiasm was fantastic.
    The chairlady was a small person with a very mild voice. But all she had to do to get the meeting going (from the very deafening hubbub) was to say 'Ehm tonights talk is about..' and the room went silent!! incredible
    Alan

What happened to Martin / survivor1 who runs the LSG? Not seen him here in ages.

Don't know a Martin Rik - do you mean Dave?

LSG is a small private site dedicated to self sufficiency / self reliance and overcoming any problems from power cuts to natural disaster. Its absolutely not about any silly political, militia or Zombie nonsense.

I enjoy the breadth of topics it covers - from making your own electicity generating water wheel to how to make bacon or dip candles.

However its not a site that actively seeks out new members - its very much a contributors site for like minded people. If you or your friends think its not for you, theres lots and lots of other sites on the internet - let us know what interests you and I'm sure someone here can recommend a suitable site

Red

Quote Originally Posted by British Red View Post
    Don't know a Martin Rik - do you mean Dave?

LSG is a small private site dedicated to self sufficiency / self reliance and overcoming any problems from power cuts to natural disaster. Its absolutely not about any silly political, militia or Zombie nonsense.

I enjoy the breadth of topics it covers - from making your own electicity generating water wheel to how to make bacon or dip candles.

However its not a site that actively seeks out new members - its very much a contributors site for like minded people. If you or your friends think its not for you, theres lots and lots of other sites on the internet - let us know what interests you and I'm sure someone here can recommend a suitable site

Red

Oooops, Dave it is, very embarrising as I took some members on a winter camping trip and met the guy If you remember Red I was quite involved at one time with the site, just wondered what had happened to S1.

Quote Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
    Oooops, Dave it is, very embarrising as I took some members on a winter camping trip and met the guy If you remember Red I was quite involved at one time with the site, just wondered what had happened to S1.

I believe it's Wingstoo on here

If you remember Red I was quite involved at one time with the site,
    I do indeed Richard - I now have to come all the way back here to tap into your stove and lantern wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    AFAIK they aren't into the armed to the teeth kind of preparation.
    Though one or two of us do have a fair amoury!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Though one or two of us do have a fair amoury!
    and more bushcraft kit than you can get in a warehouse
    Dont thank me, its what I do.

Well, duh

So have lots of folks

cheers,
    M

We are Legion

There's a few of us
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

Well the weekend I met them they turned up with enough kit in the trailers to get through most end of the world situations I could think of Nice bunch of folks though, it was a good weekend.

Well the weekend I met them they turned up with enough kit in the trailers to get through most end of the world situations I could think of Nice bunch of folks though, it was a good weekend.
    If not a little damp down by that river, but the Oxtail stew went down well I seem to remember, thought the trailer sadly left the first night just after arrival IIRC. I do remember the sun coming out during the saturday morning which brightened things up a bit.

Wings

Quote Originally Posted by adderrustler View Post
    Ludlow survivors any one hear or know of them have spoken to a couple of other people i know, who have advised me to stay away any other input. please
    At the end of the day it just another forum. I don't know who these people that 'advised' you were? Possibly disgruntled ex-members that broke that particular forums rules? Or maybe they didn't like having a particular opinion challenged?

If you contemplated having a look , go have a look . If its not for you don't visit again. simple.

Anyway , its just another forum , no secret handshakes , no tin foil hats , no ultraviolet barcode tattoo's and no motorbike death squads on hold ready to 'off' ex-members...

As with any group there are bound to be people that you agree with , disagree with and everything in between.

What was your prime concern???

Well it has added another six names to the list today, maybe they will stay, maybe they won't, but all are being given the opportunity to become contributers.

We had heard of an Ex-member that thought it was a "Cult" all because a few of the original members arrived there after being active on a "Cult" TV series forum of the 70's AKA "Survivors".

Takes all sorts to make the world go around I guess.

Wings

Default Ludlow survivors

You are the Stig & I claim my 5.
    Atb
    George

I / We were that trailer and though I don't mind camping (though I'd rather be in a five star hotel ) I am not very keen on sleeping under 4" of water

We are quite friendly over there, we haven't eaten anybody for ages

My sig just about covers it

Albeo (WhiteWolf from over there)
    "Hoc futui quam lude militorum"
    "Sod this for a game of soldiers"

Though we have found a few that weighed less than a duck

I've heard even grey squirrels are made welcome

PREPER............
    "Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Quote Originally Posted by AlbeoLupus View Post
    I / We were that trailer and though I don't mind camping (though I'd rather be in a five star hotel ) I am not very keen on sleeping under 4" of water

We are quite friendly over there, we haven't eaten anybody for ages

My sig just about covers it

Albeo (WhiteWolf from over there)
    No water in the camping areas?

IIRC you have to sign up to view the forum properly.
    But you still cant view it until you've written a suitably impressive introduction about yourself (those in the know will decide if you've made the grade!)
    Then after a few days you may be allowed "in".
    I think you also have to keep posting on a regular basis, otherwise "your out"
    If you're a good boy and tow the line for long enough,,, maybe you might make it into the "inner circle"
    Perhaps it's this cliquey nature which put your mates off

Quote Originally Posted by East Coaster View Post
    IIRC you have to sign up to view the forum properly.
    But you still cant view it until you've written a suitably impressive introduction about yourself (those in the know will decide if you've made the grade!)
    Then after a few days you may be allowed "in".
    I think you also have to keep posting on a regular basis, otherwise "your out"
    If you're a good boy and tow the line for long enough,,, maybe you might make it into the "inner circle"
    Perhaps it's this cliquey nature which put your mates off

Utter , utter tosh.

Of the six or so new members this post has created we have five posting in the regular forums.

It depends if the admin staff are available to activate accounts as to how long it takes, if we are at a meet it can be several days, if, as earlier this year I was in New Zealand visiting a member of the forum, it may take several weeks

And it would be the "Outer Circle", the "Inner Circle" is even more "Cliquey".

Yes we do like a good intro, we set this up after we had 200 new members in one night due to spammers. As Red has mentioned above, we are a "contributers" forum, if you don't contribute...Ta ta

Wings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast