This was a fun and rewarding little project that was relatively quick to do. I found a wooden spinning propeller toy in my parents house that had belonged to my sister and decided to have a crack at replicating it.
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the process, but here's some of the finished article.
My not too successful attempt at getting a shot of it in flight. Took me a while to get this one but it does look a bit like i just threw it up...
I spent a while trying to carve a shaft for it, but it proved very difficult so I ended up buying some 6mm pine dowel. The prop is well seasoned sycamore and the bead at the bottom is a pretty bit of apple. This extra weight would not have been necessary if i'd made the shaft longer, but I like it. Gives it more of a seed propeller look.