Alpkit

Thread: camp sites arras france

Default camp sites arras france

hi all
    does any one know of any campsites local to arras france as 3 of us are doing a ww1 trip in remembrance of relatives killed in ww1
    as we are hoping to use tarps and if possible hammocks ( im official an arthritic old git)
    but we will be going over on the 14/3/10
    the lad who claimed to be going and to have all the info has just told us that he aint going and that he has not done any research on it either

i havent camped there but i did a similar thin and camped near roubaix, i was on a road trip and just stumbled upon campsites - there are quite a lot in that area, as for hammock and tarp im not sure, the one i was at was a massive field and hard standings for caravan 'camping' lol

you could prob approach a farmer and camp in a wood on his land. not sure what the law is in various european countries on wild camping but i sneaky camped twice and didnt have any bother either in france or belgium - however to prevent legal action blah blah i cant recommend you do this!
    www.TheTimeChamber.co.uk - Now re-launched.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    i havent camped there but i did a similar thin and camped near roubaix, i was on a road trip and just stumbled upon campsites - there are quite a lot in that area, as for hammock and tarp im not sure, the one i was at was a massive field and hard standings for caravan 'camping' lol

you could prob approach a farmer and camp in a wood on his land. not sure what the law is in various european countries on wild camping but i sneaky camped twice and didnt have any bother either in france or belgium - however to prevent legal action blah blah i cant recommend you do this!
    we did a trip around Europe a couple of years ago and found places like some of the auto ban rest areas were useful :-)) and down farm tracks in begulm, germany austria .

Never camped in that bit of France - but the French have camping websites the likes of which we just don't seem to get in the UK.

http://www.campingfrance.com being one of them.

There's more than a few in Nord Pas de Calais:
    http://www.campingfrance.com/Recherc.../Pas-de-Calais

Check for the 'Date d'Ouverture' - quite a few don't seem to open until April.
    Adam.

"Donít take life so serious, son, it ainít nohow permanent." Walt Kelly

Found one...

http://www.campingfrance.com/Recherc...IGNIES/VERDURE

Just down the A1 from Arras. Open 12 months of the year but it is 20kms as the crow flies so anything between 30 and 40 road kms.
    Adam.

"Donít take life so serious, son, it ainít nohow permanent." Walt Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by wedgie View Post
    we did a trip around Europe a couple of years ago and found places like some of the auto ban rest areas were useful :-)) and down farm tracks in begulm, germany austria .
    thats exactly what i did for a month!!! we didnt plan anything apart from a eurocamp for 5 days for some adventure activities! We just drove around france, italy, austria, germany and belgium it was great.

and yeah french rest stops, and austrian ones actually we just camped in the woods at the back of most of them! surprised we didnt get murdered or raped or something lol
    www.TheTimeChamber.co.uk - Now re-launched.