Alpkit
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lanarkshire/Central meet ups

Default meet up

have you made a love child out of me (coln18) and locum76 (coln76), i know i am staying over john...did you mean locum76 on your list...

Colin...

Mine is a burgundy A5, Neil is one of those huge black Nissan patrol thingies and Colin in is a Landy. Gaz if you gimme a txt wen you are near Ill break out and walk you in.

John

LOL yes ment Locum76, doing too much typing here, head is fried, need to get out more. Cheers

cheers bud , will do .. r u staying the nite ...

Yes gaz Im staying the night, part of the fun mate.

i'll probably get llost tring to find yoos ... is the path right beside the river ...

Gaz
    If you follow the directions on the post and let us know when your at the meet up point/car parking, Ill come and get you.

John

cheers bud ..

Default Meet up

Is everyone partaking in a small tipple or two, or have you all tricked me into some right wing christian prayer group meeting - i hope its option one, but if its option two and you have a bigger knife than me - well what can i say but "praise the lord"

Colin

i like a tipple or six mate ..

Praise the lord halleluiah lol. Option one Colin, I dont partake outside but like I said its a friendship skill sharing meet, just bring your bible lol

Cheers

John

I did'nt realise theres alot of folk from around the Lanarkshire Area
    Hopefully next time ill attend one of the meetings or gatherups should be good fun meeting and talking to other Bushcrafters in my local area !

i'll second that pinerevolver.

i'll keeps a beedy eye on this thread!!
    at the end of the day it's night time

I'm brand new to the site and to bushcraft in general but (work permitting) should be up for meets in the future.

The Mrs is getting a bit miffed at me trying to drag her off into the woods ;-)

Firstly welcome to the site mate, i joined the forum last year, and so far have been to about 4 meets and the BCUK Arctic trip and havent regretted one of them, there are so many nice like minded and welcoming people on this site who are only too willing to share their skills and may i add "Drink" with you.

So next time you see a post about a trip, send the guy a pm and im sure you will be most welcome to pop along and meet some of the guys..

Col...

Thanks for the welcome mate :-)

Already jumped in the deep end and if I can sort a lift I'll hopefully make the archery shoot on Sunday (always wanted to give it a go :-D)

So what was the Artic trip like?? is there a review on the site??

Hi John,
    just read a old post you posted and was wandering if you still are doing bushcraft in the area still? i am new to the bushcraft forum and bushcrafting and was interesting in getting started in the subject. Any help would be great.
    nightmair

- Lanarkshire/Central meet ups - Brownlee Pond

Hi all,

Anyone interested in regular bush days/nights out in Lanarkshire/Central area. Me and Gerry (Gerry1965) are out every week at least one night usually either a hill walk and camp out or Clydeside just tarping and living out.

Get in touch if you wanna meet up.

John
    Motherwell

Hello..Anyone in this thread still alive..? I'm Wishaw area
    Getting Mauled to death by eucalyptus breathed Koala Marsupial beast would be Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie777 View Post
    Hello..Anyone in this thread still alive..? I'm Wishaw area
    Yip they are, but only just
    Midges are our friends
    and remember midges smell your fear...................

Oi!

It's been too long; we need a Scottish Meet up.

The weather however is not exactly conducive to chilling out other than utterly sodden wet and icy
    Fun's fun, but the hell with nonsense, kind of thing, tbh.
    Drying out drookit clothing and kit kind of puts the dampeners on things at this time of year.
    If it were icy cold and bone dry, it'd be a different matter though.

What we need is a barn somewhere with woods and water on the doorstep
    Space to wander, forage and space to work dry even if it is cold.

This sodden wet damp's a pain in the neck; I had to compost two sheaves of dried iris leaves because they'd gone mildewed I had ten metres of rope made from it too but when I went back to it to do a bit more the bunches were half rotted and sending up more spores than a puffball

M
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Oi!

It's been too long; we need a Scottish Meet up.

M
    I'm up for it. Just thought i would bounce in and let you guys know my locality. I agree, The damp is killer right now, dont mind 3 feet of snow but wet everything just makes me want to cry. If a central Scotland meet is arranged could someone PM me if i miss the thread on it. Not adverse to traveling a bit further though.

Cheers, Stevie..
    Getting Mauled to death by eucalyptus breathed Koala Marsupial beast would be Awesome

There's a cracker of a site at Comriecroft, but it's a heck of a trail for a lot of folk. Thing is though that it's about near as central as we can get for North and South, iimmc.

There's Wiston at the foot of Tinto, it's sound too.
    Brownlee's a pain for folks to get to and park safely (JohnC got the back window of his van smashed there)
    The Crannog centre's really awkward but it's a beautiful place and the folks are very friendly. Again though, it's sodden wet at this time of the year.

The eight hours of daylight mean that there's another eight of dark that we have to deal with unless folks can sleep for sixteen....there's only so long you can sit frozen at the back and roasted at the front next to the fire. Space to work out of the worst of the weather means that skills sharing, etc., is really possible and it's a great way to learn, join in the company, etc.,

M
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I dont have a Car, not had one in over 5 years, (dont actually want one either)

I usually just Bus it to wherever i want to go. Bus stop across from my house takes me to Glasgow then it's walk a couple of yards and onto another bus and maybe another after that, then maybe get the thumb out if i'm trying to get to some remote places up north, but i've never found it a problem, you get to meet some cracking Humans as well and quite frankly i enjoy not having to drive as i get to ogle the scenery for a change.

I think i spent a total of 55 last July on transport from my house all the way up to Morar and all the way back home a week later, and that included a Taxi from Fort William to Loch Morar, I didn't pay the taxi, the bus company picked up the tab because they were late and i missed my connecting bus. got the thumb out a few times if i wanted to go certain places and got a lift no problem.

People in remote parts are more obliging than most. As long as you dont look like Rutger Hauer that is.

HWMBLT uses the bus too.
    I get up some mornings and find a post-it note stuck to the kitchen door saying, "Gone to Fort William/Aviemore/Arran", and expect a phone call to let me know he's gotten there and when he expects to be home.
    The bus company even feeds him coffee, sandwiches and shortbread too.

There's a wee bus from Lanark that goes to Wiston, so that one's easy enough, and Comriecroft is on the road between Crieff and Comrie and it's on the bus route too. The Crannog's not, but the post van/bus does a route from Aberfeldy to Killin and it goes through Kenmore.
    I don't know about Wooplaw....could ask Stuartf about that.

M

Wiston is certainly a guid one, i just slept in the woodshed last time, did i tell about the time me and col were the only ones to camp there when it was -14 celcius?
    For a' that, an a' that,
    It's comin' yet for a that,
    That man tae man the world o'er
    Shall brithers be for a' that. R.B. 1759-96

Just catching up on this thread, sound interesting.

rorymax
    Last edited by rorymax; 12-12-2014 at 22:53.

Quote Originally Posted by rorymax View Post
    Just catching up on this thread, sound interesting.

rorymax
    The threads 5 nearly 6 years old, I dug it up a few hours ago in the Hope some of the members were still of this earth...Some probably weren't even born when the thread was first made

dying to get to some meets now I'm back over the border so will keep an eye out on this one

Tam, you and Colin ended up the stuff of legends

We had intended a New Year meet up, but Peter went up there and said the snow was rapidly making it impassable; I phoned friends who live on the estate and Rachael said that she and Si were following the tractor that was clearing the road, they were off to her Mum's and it really was bad, so it mostly got cancelled.

However the bold Hoolit and the Iceman decided they were going anyway.....and they did ;in -14C they camped...and Colin didnae even put up a tent
    At the foot of Tinto in the middle of the Lanarkshire uplands it's perishing cold anyway, but they kind of set the mark there.
    I stayed snug at home under the duvet

It was this Winter we're talking about; Hogmanay2009 and it was still freezing solid into 2010.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51043

M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12