Hi all, I hope this is the right forum for this
What is Fullers Earth Powder?
Fullers Earth is the common name for calcium montmorillonite. It is a naturally occurring sedimentary clay composed mainly of alumina, silica, iron oxides, lime, magnesia, and water, in variable proportions. It is highly absorbent and rich in minerals. Made into a into a fine, greyish off-white powder, Fullers Earth is a fantastic natural remedy with many different uses.
The name is derived from its first use for fulling - an ancient process where 'Fullers' (cloth makers) used Fullers Earth to absorb and remove oil and dirt from wool so it could be made into cloth. Fullers Earth is a highly absorbent substance commonly used as a cleanser to absorb and remove all types of oil, dirt and grease.
What is Fullers Earth used for?
- Acne - Fullers Earth is deep cleansing. It has been used for centuries to remove impurities from the skin. It is dermatologically well-tolerated and often used in cosmetics. Mixed with a little water it can be made into a natural clay face mask/pack to remove oils, blackheads and impurities, unclog pores and replace lost moisture. It stimulates circulation and produces a lightening effect on the outer epidermal layer of the skin. It and is especially beneficial for blemished, dull and stressed skin. So far it has outperformed any material to help clean oily and acne-prone skin and comes highly recommended to those with acne problems, blemishes, spotting, and people prone to oily skin. Fullers Earth can be used in Sulphur acne treatment regimes. Mix two tablespoons of Fuller's earth with and one egg white and apply as a mask every day.
- Nappy rash - due to its highly absorbent properties, Fullers Earth has been found to be an effective natural remedy for clearing and treating nappy rash and irritated skin conditions. Simply sprinkle onto the skin.
- Internal cleanser - Fullers Earth is a powerful cleanser or intestinal detoxifier. It is often used in colon cleansing and enemas as it helps remove impacted waste. When taken internally it has been proven to prevent the absorption of toxic substances in the gastrointestinal tract. The Aluminium in Fullers Earth is rendered insoluble by silica which removes the risk of it being absorbed by the body.
- As a dry shampoo.
- Insect bites - an traditional Indian remedy suggests Fullers Earth is mixed with water and apple cider vinegar to make a thin paste. Relieves discomfort when applied to the bite for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water
As well as these above health and beauty related uses, Fullers Earth also has other uses!:
Text from : http://www.thesuperfoodco.co.uk/full...r-c-60_85.html
- Stain remover - traditionally used as a cleaning and degreasing powder for removing grease and dirty marks on carpets, clothes, furniture, wooden/ stone floors etc.
- Fishing - traditional fly fishermen use it to create an effective and durable sinkant.
- Cat litter - highly absorbent and safe if kittens nibble it and it can be used to loosen tangles in long hair cats!
No link with company, yada yada yada...
I remember my mum using it on the kids bums when they had nappy rash and I use it when out and about to dry my feet and to absorb the oil in my hair but there are so many more uses for this, amazing! I particularly like the idea of using it for insect bites Perhaps it's a good thing for when you are poisoned and far from hospital?
Just a heads up on this amazing stuff!