I just made my first nettle soup of the year - luxury version!
1/2 lb of nettles
1 large onion
clove of garlic
2 large spuds
Salt & pepper
2 pints stock
I sliced and sweated the onion, garlic and spuds in a little olive oil then added the stock and nettles.
Brought this all to the boil and boiled it until the spuds were cooked (about 20mins).
Put it all through a blender and served it with a swirl of cream and a sprinkle of s & p.
It tasted great but despite cooking it well I found that the formic acid in the netles left my lips and mouth tingling as if I had had a mild curry......I thought cooking destroyed the acid...
Anyone got any thoughts on this?