now I've not had much luck with fire pistons. the one i made didn't work and the one 3please got off the net we couldn't get to work. so i was a bit skeptical about getting one until i found the ones Kelly rose makes. i thought if it don't work it still looks good and i can use it as a preset to dispatch rabbits
it took nearly three weeks to get to me so when it eventually got here i was eager to try it out.
as soon as i got home and saw the package i riped it open, and with in a minuet i had a glowing ember at the end of the fire piston. it worked first time.
so for the next hour i set about trying different tinders in it. it worked with all the types of char cloth i had, even the ones of poor quality which didn't work with flint and steel, and it even lit cramp balls OK as well.
heres some pics of the piston and the bits it came with.