I've finally made a knife! Well, maybe not the blade, but I've put the handle on a green river blade I bought off of Andy over on British Blades about a year or so ago! Simple brass pins and black fibre under a lovely piece of rippled chestnut that I won last Hallowe'en in the great competition that Tiffers ran over on British Blades! Epoxied up, clamped in a vice and allowed to cure for a week! Yeah, I didn't get round to going back up to Ratbags' place to carry on with it!
So, I set too with some rasps and 12 inch Bar steward files, sanded it up and oiled it with some wood oil I bought in germany. It seems to work nicely! I need to keep feeding it with oil and want to look into this carbuncle wax or whatever it is called, but I can't wait any longer to show it off! Getting the handle uniform was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, I went for a sort of rounded off square with a bit of angling to the sides and what not, enough, I'll let you look at the pictures!
Thanks for looking, honest and constructive criticism is welcome. I'm thinking on a wooden sheath with a magnet to keep the blade secure. Small brass pins on the outer edges should be nice.