Alpkit

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

I'm a recent amputee, Left leg below the knee. I finally got back to a semblance of normalcy now all of a sudden I'm going to have nerve conduction tests and possibly the fusion of 3 to 4 vertebra to take care of the pain, tingling and numbness. I'm just trying to keep myself busy and try to learn new things and follow my interests (both new and old that I have not had the time until now. I would appreciate any help finding tutorials, websites etc. I do want to make one thing clear I'm not looking for pity, I'm looking for people who might understand my limitations and can help or direct me somewhere to learn about my interests. Now to my interests I'm currently interested in wire wrapped jewelry, Silverware Jewelry, jewelry metalsmithing and the like. Thank you for your time. (And your patience with the way I write.

Welcome Scott, my dad had his right leg amputated below the knee last week (complications of diabetes), I wish you a speedy rehabilitation.
    Unfortunately I know nothing of your interests but I'm sure someone in the know will be along shortly.
    Stelio.. Stelio Kontos. Stelio.. Stelio Kontos. Stelio.. Stelio Kontos. Stelio.. Stelio Kontos. Stelio.. Stelio Kontos....

Blog Entries

Hello and welcome!
    Love makes the World go round......Lust makes it all go pear-shaped...

Hi, welcome and enjoy.

I am not young enough to know everything.
    Oscar Wilde

welcome aboard Scott, immobility was how I got into leatherwork and it's now my living. Following a craft is definitely therapeutic. Sadly I don't know anything about jewellery but I'm sure some folks here can help. There used to be a lass on here doing some nice peices but haven't seen any new posts in a while, however may be some old threads kicking about.
    Pictish / Norse Inspired Leatherwork & Courses

www.half-goat-leatherwork.co.uk

Hello and welcome to the forum

Blog Entries

Aye Up,

Welcome to BCUK.
    Free-State Yorkshire Now!