Alpkit

Thread: Nature Has It.

Blog Entries

Default Nature Has It.

Aye Up,

Danish M84 (and OD in the shadows) has been working superbly (as usual) throughout late spring and summer, but things are about to change.

It's just turning dpm o'clock in my neck of the woods and I thought that it was a while away from flecktime until I noticed this on route the other day.

Fleckleaf1.jpg Fleckleaf2.jpg Fleckleaf3.jpg

A little further on I noticed other foliage which will eventually turn to Swissalpenflage advantage (for a short time at least).

Swissalpenflage-to be.jpg swissalpenflage.jpg
    Free-State Yorkshire Now!

Y'know I do a lot of natural dyeing ? every shade in our woodlands, moors and shores comes out of the dye baths, but the wonderful thing is that none of the colours scream at each other, they all contrast, tone, mix and they fit in outside without being in anyway dayglo even though many are deep rich shades.

Some of the woodland pattern camoflages are really quite beautiful, especially the Autumn ones.
    I quilt too, and I'm having a problem with my latest one where I was aiming for Autumnal shades, and yet again I have missed and somehow hit hallowe'en. Thinking on it, it's because in my mind Autumn isn't dull and boring, it's brightly coloured, it's full of rich almost jewel bright tones, and that's what comes through when I pick fabrics. I did the same thing with my weaving and knitting when it comes to the colours that I think of as Autumn.

I sometimes look at supposedly camoflage patterns and think they totally missed with their colours, certainly for our temperate woodlands.

M
    I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over !

Become a Full Member and help support the site.
    http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/payments.php

Blog Entries

Good observations - Inspiration is found all over
    Tone
    Explore : Discover : Achieve
    The most important thing is not 'who's right' but rather 'what's right'

2018 BushMoot 6th - 18th August 2018

Visit our pages and Sites : : Facebook : : Pinterest : : BushMoot : : Twitter @BCraftUK

Blog Entries

Aye Up,

You are right Toddy. I originally didn't get the Swiss Alpenflage - Red!? until I saw a bright red bramble leaf one autumn morning.

Tony - too true.
    Free-State Yorkshire Now!

The vividness of autumn colours was brought home to me while out walking in the Brecon Beacons last autumn. The landowner keen to keep people on the right track had helpfully painted dozens of fenceposts and other posts in standard footpath sign yellow. In the bright sunshine, they were completely invisible against the autumn colours of the hedgerow and trees.