Alpkit
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UKhammocks top quilt and other problems

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmo View Post
    I recently emailed asking how long an order for one of their tarps would take and was told they're ready to ship the next day. OK, I thought, order placed in the afternoon. The item didn't ship the next day, now reading this thread has got me slightly concerned.
    It's coming to the end of the third full working day (not including the weekend) since I placed my order and no dispatch email. I just phoned for an update and got a recorded message asking to email which I already had done 3 days ago (for a related question) which they have not replied to....
    Last edited by JoeSchmo; 31-07-2017 at 18:11.

Purchased a woodmans expedition hammock , messed about no end , told it was made and on the way one day , then told they had to make it still !!, hammock arrives eventually and the bug net starts to create holes and show signs of pulling on the netting , zips are crap, returned the hammock and requested a refund , no response to emails, phone calls or fb.
    Contacted trading standards this morning and reported the issue, shocking company to deal with

When I dived in to hammocking two years ago I got the whole rig from them, TQ, UQ and two hammocks without any problems apart from the wait. Looking at their website I think Matt is floating towards organising expeditions and kitting them out, so this might be a cause for neglecting outside customers.

I hate to hijack this thread but it's frustrating to be quiet and read all those comments. I'm starting my own cottage hammock company in few days so if you are looking for gear just hang fire for a moment. There will be a small display of my ideas during the Moot and my website will go live 10th Aug when I'm back.

To be honest I was always suprised UKhammocks never had their own section in the MAKERS section, that would give them a better chance to solve any issues.

OK, so I have received a reply to my email - apparently the order was missed on Thursday but has shipped today so fingers crossed all will be well.

When I bought my hammock from Matt, it was a custom job and he made it super long for me as I'm 6ft 4ins. When it arrived the zip jammed solid when you put any weight on it. It was a custom job and the first of this size he'd made. I returned it back and it was sorted and turned round quickly.

I'm still using it many years on without any real complaint. It's so long that the footbox is pretty useless but I don't really need it/notice the lack of it.

I've still got my eye on an official WBBB though. It's the cost that's ridiculous though.

The tarp has arrived and a very quick look appears all ok. It looks very well made but being my first tarp I'm no expert.

Does anyone know if I need to seal the ridgeline on the tarp or is it good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmo View Post
    The tarp has arrived and a very quick look appears all ok. It looks very well made but being my first tarp I'm no expert.

Does anyone know if I need to seal the ridgeline on the tarp or is it good to go?
    It's always a good idea to seal the ridgeline; there are few things more annoying and less comfortable than a persistent ridge seam drip in wet weather!

Wish I'd found this thread before I began my arduous journey with UKHammocks in May.

Barely any communication, phone number gives you an automated message claiming they're still in Sweden - despite receiving an email from Matt himself saying he'd recently returned. That email was over a month ago and claimed the order would be finished by 'end of the week' - it shipped late August, AFTER I'd already requested a refund.

Luckily my CC company came through for me and provided a chargeback. I've no idea what's going on at UKhammocks, but it seems like they're well and truly asleep at the wheel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123