Alpkit
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Alone

There's nothing to eat inland in the BC west coast rainforest. You can read of all the native cultures which always established on rivers or the sea coast.
    Big shot native carvers, Bill Reid or Bob Davidson, one of them, has been quoted as saying: " Only an idiot could starve on the BC coast." So true.
    If I can figure out the massive TV remote and the Satellite rcvr by next Thursday, I'll get a look.

Anyone watching the current series? Who would have thought that having company would make it harder?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uncleboob View Post
    Anyone watching the current series? Who would have thought that having company would make it harder?!?!?

I am but need to catch up on 1 maybe 2 episodes, won't say much more as not to spoil it for those who haven't watched it yet.
    http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/customsignatures/sigpic35919_2.gif

All caught up, I was only 1 episode off, interesting times, completely different to the others and I'm not sure if I'm sold on the format, I think I have the winners picked out

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by Janne; 20-08-2017 at 19:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    All this type of tv programs are pure undiluted BS.
    Everything is well prepared, safe and tested.

One of my friends in UK did both the Castaway series. He told me what happens behind the camera.
    This is in no way prepared or safe, obviously tested to make sure that it's feasible for the contestants to survive but there's no way, especially in the latest one that it's rigged, and safe ...... some of the injuries and starvation like symptoms, no, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
    This is in no way prepared or safe, obviously tested to make sure that it's feasible for the contestants to survive but there's no way, especially in the latest one that it's rigged, and safe ...... some of the injuries and starvation like symptoms, no, I don't think so.
    Agreed, there's obviously some safety nets but it was a pretty close run thing last series...think I've got my winners picked out too, I'm hoping they get their pacing sorted before they burn out though!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by Janne; 20-08-2017 at 19:40.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleboob View Post

Think it's due to one wanting to do it more than the other. One has to convince the other to apply.

Go ahead. Make your reservation. Take everything on the Alone list. For real bragging rights, do The West Coast Trail.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415