Alpkit

Thread: Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.1 DL Hammock review

Default Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.1 DL Hammock review

I write gear reviews for Exploremore.eu. I use hammocks all the time when I'm travelling and IMHO the Warbonnet Blackbird XLC is the best hammock out there!

Here's the link to the full review:

http://exploremore.eu/warbonnet-blackbird-xlc-1-1-dl/

I'd have appreciated a bit more info - do you have any other hammocks to compare it to? Is it an asymmetrical one?
    Cheers
    Phil

We have compared it to DD hammocks (Frontline model), Exped Ergo hammock (not recommended, a good idea but the design has not been tested enough, we experienced ripped seams and worn out ropes...) and a few others. There's no comparison... We do like the DD hammocks as a cheaper alternative but it's much heavier & needs a lot of modifications (whoopie slings, better suspension rope, etc...). Also it's not as comfortable as the BB. The Blackbird has an assymetrical design indeed. We feel there are a lot of very detailed reviews on the net, we just write about the gear we really use.

Grtz,

Dimi

I've had a blackbird and sold it. Where they fall down for me is lack of visibility when relaxing through the day. Eno, dd etc win hands down for overall practicality imho.
    Git-R-Dun

Quote Originally Posted by Chiseller View Post
    I've had a blackbird and sold it. Where they fall down for me is lack of visibility when relaxing through the day. Eno, dd etc win hands down for overall practicality imho.
    The XLC model has a better visibiltiy because it has more mosquito netting to solve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiseller View Post
    The XLC model has a better visibility because it has more mosquito netting to solve that.

It's still not better visibility than a hammock that you can look across from either side or lay at any end to suit the view .......
    Git-R-Dun

Blog Entries

Hi and thanks for posting, in the future can you make sure that you post up the full review on Bushcraft UK rather than just a link to a review you've posted on your own blog which takes people from here to your own site.

Thanks for your understanding and thanks again for taking the time to post
    Tone
    Explore : Discover : Achieve
    The most important thing is not 'who's right' but rather 'what's right'

2017 BushMoot 31st July - 12th August 2017

Visit our pages and Sites : : Facebook : : Pinterest : : BushMoot : : Twitter @BCraftUK

Blog Entries

I read it and it felt like an advertisement than a review. Ok, you think it is great, and that is good, but your review just seems to say "it is the best, believe me". That's not a review, it is an opinion.

I've no doubt that it is a very good hammock system (I've heard as much elsewhere) but I would have liked a little less hyperbole and a bit more information.

Of course, that's just my opinion too.
    Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?

I clicked on this thread for a review but found a link to elewhere. Personally I don't follow links, it's like motorway services that are not on the motorway; I carry on to the next one.
    You can do anything, but not everything.

I don't have a hammock but am looking to get one. Can you clarify the weight comment. The DD frontline, according to their website is 850g but you say your hammock is 900g so surely the DD one is lighter not 'much heavier'?

The post does also smack as advertising through the back door, and I just assumed you should be paying the forum to advertise for sales?

Thanks.

Why are folk suddenly so exercised about a 2014 post

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm View Post
    Why are folk suddenly so exercised about a 2014 post
    Google picks it up. Mind you, I've woken many a necro thread myself by not looking at the date of the last post.

I want to try a Warbonnet some day, I still haven't found my grail hammock. The Claytor was good, but Claytor himself wasn't good at all over the saggy tarp issue and basically told me "where to put it". Should have just bought a new tarp in hindsight, but I was fuming at his attitude and my costs.
    "Nature is an old lady with few suitors these days, and those who wish to make use of her charms she rewards passionately" Tim Krabbe

That is a funny name for a hammock!
    Warbonnet Blacbird XLC 1.1 DL.
    Wow.

Oops, didn't realise it was stale

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    That is a funny name for a hammock!
    Warbonnet Blacbird XLC 1.1 DL.
    Wow.
    Warbonnet is his username on Hammock Forums, and the hammock is black.

I'd assume XL and DL refer to sizing and double layer.

Believe it or not, such a place exists.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/content.php
    "Nature is an old lady with few suitors these days, and those who wish to make use of her charms she rewards passionately" Tim Krabbe

There is a forum for hammocks?
    Man, I am getting old.....