Alpkit
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Luxe Sil-Hexpeak- First pitch (Successfully!)

Quote Originally Posted by marra33 View Post
    Hi Jurassic, just found this thread, I'm wandering if you still have the video, if you could reupload it, that link does not work now.

I am just reading up on these tents, as I really really like the look of them, especially after my MSR Elixir got trashed in the wind the other week (about 30-35 knots)
    so looking for something that is good in wind , easy to put up, and not going to cost the earth, this seems to tick most of the boxes, thanks for all the reviews from everyone
    Mr jurassic hasnt been on since 1014 dude. Think you might be waiting a while for a reply
    Uncle chop chop

ahh bugger !!
    thanks for letting me know
    same goes for anyone else that a luxe sil hexpeak, or the mini lux ??
    cheers in advance

I'v got the older sil mini peak and love it. Its no 100mph mountain tent but Its stood up to some fair old winds here in the peaks, at around 2000ft in winter

If it dies i'll replace it with a hex peak straight away

Also, i meant 2014 not 1014
    Uncle chop chop

yeah, I have been checking out quite a few vids on youtube for the luxe series, I do like them a lot, however I have enough saved that I think the hilleberg soulo is going to be my number one tent when I buy it next month, but I am sorely tested to buy the luxe for my summer / half decent weather tent

That hillberg is a mighty fine tent and a different league to luxe i'm sure. Quite a bit smaller and heavier than a hex peak though from a quick google

The sil mini peak is my lightweight tent. uses a walking pole and i can almost fully kneel up inside it. Plus like the hex peak theres a loop on top to suspend it from a branch or external frame....for its pack size it really is massive inside without the pole or inner tent, not trying to sell you one just giving some reasons i like it
    Uncle chop chop

yep, and it for those very reasons that I am mightily tempted to get one for my back up / summer tent, but as I found out last month, the top or even highish up on the fells, can be pretty unforgiving on a tent that is not quite upto the task :-), as my MSR ELIXIR 2 found out in 30 + Knot winds, hence the need for a bomber tent and a lightweight nice sunny day tent

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234