Alpkit
  • Welcome to bushcraft uk RSS Feed

Published on 17-12-2014 13:04
    Article Preview

Article
    by Justin aka fishfish

A friend of mine in the States asked if I could make him a quiver, he didn’t want a regular pouch type as he was worried about the arrows rattling around whilst hunting and giving him away to the deer, I set ...
    Published on 13-11-2014 13:00
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

I have recently been trying out Snugpak’s 40 litre Endurance Rucksack and found it to be a versatile and very practical bag for most of my bushcraft activities.

Available in either Black or a darker-than-most Olive colours, the Endurance is made from 500D heavy duty nylon and measures approx 49cm x 31cm x 22cm with a traditional ...
    Published on 11-11-2014 11:18
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

As my vastly expensive, custom-made, orthopaedic insoles were coming to the end of their effective life, I was very pleased to be able to get hold of some Superfeet Premium Insoles, ...
    Published on 11-11-2014 10:54
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

My admiration of the classic “canvas and leather” look kit is not a secret, so it will come as no surprise to many that the new (and limited availability) Zippo Brown Canvas Bag attracted me as soon as I saw it!

Published on 21-10-2014 16:49
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

I am always on the lookout for effective insect repellents - being badly bitten can seriously limit your enjoyment of the outdoor experience so important in “bushcraft”.

I recently came across the Incognito range of insect repellent products, an extensive range of ...
    Published on 06-10-2014 15:21
    Article Preview

Review
    By Richard Cook

I finally tracked a copy of this down just before we headed off to Wales in August, which was great because now I had my holiday book sorted. I don't often want to sit and devour a book in one sitting, but this one was a very rare exception. If you've seen the popular TV show 'Dual Survival', you'll be familiar with Cody's unique sense ...
    Published on 29-09-2014 12:38
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

Geoffrey McMullan is an imposing figure with an aura of calm, non-threatening, authority. Having served in the British Army for 22 years and received a British Empire Medal for Conservation and Anglo-German Relations, Geoffrey has studied survival techniques and tracking, both ...
    Published on 08-09-2014 13:04
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

I am always on the lookout for ecologically responsible and effective ways of keeping outdoor clothing in tiptop condition, and have recently been trying out Grangers “2 in 1 Cleaner and Proofer”, which ...
    Published on 08-09-2014 12:45
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

I am pretty well known to BCUK members as a bit of a supporter of natural fibre fabrics, but even I will admit that sometimes synthetics can prove good for bushcraft activity ...
    by Published on 21-08-2014 04:09
    Article Preview

I have been a fan of the crusader cooking system for quite some time, so when I saw this system I was intrigued.
    After ...
    by Published on 25-07-2014 12:23
    Article Preview

Review
    Rig 3.5 from Alpkit

This is a great little tarp, smaller than tarps I usually use but that hasn't taken away from it's practicality and usability.

The 3.5 is the smallest of Alpkit's tarp range with the 7 and 21 being it's older and bigger siblings.

This is the ...

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
  • Recent Articles

6 Arrow Quiver

Article
    by Justin aka fishfish

A friend of mine in the States asked if I could make him a quiver, he didn’t want a regular pouch type as he was worried about the arrows rattling around whilst hunting and giving him away to the deer, I set

Tony Yesterday 13:04 Go to last post