Cut the ...
    Published on 03-06-2005 15:21

Elderberry Ice cream

- Elderberries (destalked)
    - Sugar
    - Juice of 1/2 a lemon
    - Double cream
    - 2 Egg whites

First pick your elderberries. The easiest way is to snip off whole bunches, ...
    Published on 03-06-2005 15:18

The cordial can be used immediately, and will keep well for a year or two.
    Taken with hot water it is renowned as a guard against colds, and a glass a day through winter is a wise precaution.

Elderberry Cordial
    Published on 03-06-2005 15:03

Recipe for Pontack sauce

- 1 pt. Claret
    - 1 pt. Elderberries (destalked)
    - 1 tspn salt
    - 1 blade of mace
    - 40 peppercorns
    - 12 cloves
    - 1 onion (finely chopped)
    - A little ...
    Published on 03-06-2005 14:59

This article by Dan Sharp is correct at time of publication, please check to make sure that your knowledge of the law regarding edged tools is current.

There are many myths and misunderstandings surrounding the ownership and carrying of knives and other tools with a blade. This article hopes to clarify the position and answer those questions that arise within the Bushcraft community. Hopefully those with any worries will be reassured in that the law does not seek to criminalise the legitimate user of knives and edged tools.

The questions of what the law regards as a weapon and what as a tool is perhaps a good starting point. Most people are familiar with the phrase 'offensive weapon' but do not know that English law does not contain long ...
    Published on 03-06-2005 14:53

Suitable outdoor clothing
    The instructors all indicated a preference for wool. It is warm when wet, does not ...
    Published on 03-06-2005 14:49

The setting sun hung two fingers high by the time the hunters finally reached their village. It had been many days since Makua's people had last tasted fresh meat and the young pig that fell to his arrow would be a welcomed treat. According to their custom, the ...
    Published on 03-06-2005 14:12

Nettles aren’t just there for you to get stung by and avoid, they’re nutritious and tasty when prepared in the right way, read on to get you started on the road to some different greens in your diet.

Nettle Soup.

Ingredients:

Oil/fat/butter..
    One Onion chopped fine.
    One or Two Potatoes peeled and ...
    Published on 03-06-2005 14:07

All Thai'd Up? - Making a hammock

Neil Andrews ...
    Published on 15-06-2004 06:39
    Article Preview

Originally published 2004
    When given this task of reviewing Jonny Crocketts' survival weekend course, I was understandably apprehensive. Although I love being outdoors and camping, bushcraft seems a bit too extreme to me. I still like to have some comforts about me. I don't think I actually ...

Welcome to bushcraft uk the best place to come for a fantastic community, articles, reviews, news, the best value courses & expeditions, events and much much more
    Bushcraft is about being confident and comfortable in the natural environment.
    Whether you are having an afternoon stroll, or embarking on an extended expedition over many days, we provide a huge wealth of knowledge and information that can help you get the most out of your outdoor experience.

We invite you to join us today and discover more with bushcraft uk.

Tony Bristow

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647