Alpkit
  • Edge Tools RSS Feed

Published on 28-05-2014 11:18
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

Mark Hill (HillBill on this forum) is a custom knife-maker with a growing reputation and many happy customers who have bought from his extensive selection of knife designs or had items made to their own specification.

Based in West Yorkshire, Mark designs and makes knives in classic and modern styles using classic ...
    Published on 01-08-2013 19:14
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

I am always interested in bits of kit that are slightly different, and when I saw that the Fieldcrafter-UK knife had a spine thickness of 5.8mm (about a quarter of an inch in old money), a blade length of 9.75cm (9.5cm cutting edge) and was only 23mm from blade to spine, I thought … “interesting” … and was lucky enough to acquire one from Matt almost instantaneously.
    Published on 20-06-2013 13:26
    Article Preview

Review
    Woodsman Folding Knife
    By Craig Birse-Johnson

The woodsman is one of the smaller bladed folders from the Jack Pyke range of knives.
    What drew me to it more than the others was its interesting “wasp like” shape. That combined with its solid look made me think it would be a good pocket knife for the tasks I normally do.
    Published on 11-02-2013 12:59
    Article Preview

Article
    By Johnny Walshe
    Choosing a knife to use while bushcrafting can be a very personal thing, with opinions held strongly by many as to the perfect knife, here we discuss some of the elements of knives and there make up. When choosing a knife there are many things to consider;

Published on 09-10-2012 13:27
    Article Preview

Review
    Casstrom Forest Knife
    By John Fenna

The new No 10 Swedish Forest Knife from Casstrom is a general purpose, full-tang knife ideal for the many tasks a “Bushcraft” knife is expected to perform.

Made from a satin finished German 02 High Carbon Tool Steel (C. 0.9%, ...
    Published on 18-10-2010 18:31
    Article Preview

Knife Handle Tutorial
    by Rapidboy
    First published 15/02/07

It's about time i put together a little knife and sheath making tutorial.
    This ...
    Published on 03-06-2005 14:59

This article by Dan Sharp is correct at time of publication, please check to make sure that your knowledge of the law regarding edged tools is current.

There are many myths and misunderstandings surrounding the ownership and carrying of knives and other tools with a blade. This article hopes to clarify the position and answer those questions that arise within the Bushcraft community. Hopefully those with any worries will be reassured in that the law does not seek to criminalise the legitimate user of knives and edged tools.

The questions of what the law regards as a weapon and what as a tool is perhaps a good starting point. Most people are familiar with the phrase 'offensive weapon' but do not know that English law does not contain long ...

• Recent Articles

Grangers: 2 in 1 Cleaner and Proofer

Review
    By John Fenna

I am always on the lookout for ecologically responsible and effective ways of keeping outdoor clothing in tiptop condition, and have recently been trying out Grangers “2 in 1 Cleaner and Proofer”, which

shelly 08-09-2014 12:04 Go to last post

5.11 Traverse Shirt

Review
    By John Fenna

I am pretty well known to BCUK members as a bit of a supporter of natural fibre fabrics, but even I will admit that sometimes synthetics can prove good for bushcraft activity wear

Tags: 511  clothing  pocket  shirt 
    shelly 08-09-2014 11:45 Go to last post