Alpkit
  • DIY, Crafts & Skills RSS Feed

by Published on 21-11-2013 16:41
    Article Preview

Article
    For those of you who attend the BCUK Bushmoot you may have come across the Father and Son bow. I published ...
    Published on 03-07-2013 13:36
    Article Preview

Article
    By Tony

I saw something on bushcraft uk a while ago that inspired me to sit down for a few minutes and make a few tree hooks, I think I'd seen them with a belt holding them in place but I figured that a piece of paracord would be easiest, this is the result. ...
    Published on 21-06-2013 11:42
    Article Preview

By Naomi Walmsley

I awoke from a version of sleep to feel snow on my face! My only comfort was that snow meant the rain had passed. I had escaped from our cave, escaped from the only thing offering us any protection from the storm. It had seemed like a good plan at first. But after the fire had gone out and the
    Published on 01-03-2013 11:00
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna
    Looking after your kit is as important as making, or selecting and buying it, and damage can occur both in use and at home.

In the fields or woods one of the most common kinds of damage is the occurrence of small holes, rips and tears in fabrics usually from sparks from the fire or sharp pointy things such as barbed wire, sharp cut branches or thorns.
    Published on 21-02-2013 14:41

Article
    By Paul Van Horn

In a grove of Aspen trees in the Colorado Mountains, a group of campers greeted the new day. It had snowed the night before, and the temperature had dropped to 15 degrees. In spite of the fact that they were camping without tents, stoves, or sleeping bags, they were warm, dry, and in great spirits. ...
    Published on 23-01-2013 09:40
    Article Preview

Article
    by Creek Stewart

Including CONDOMS in survival kits is not a new idea. People have been packing them in mini survival kits for as long as I can remember using them primarily as an expandable WATER CONTAINER. ...
    Article Preview

How to Article
    Refining Resins (Rosin)
    By Craig Birse

Hi all , Here is a little tutorial on making rosin. I have put this one up first because it will be one of the components needed to make the glue and also needed some of the other tutorials I will put up. ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast