Alpkit
  • Edged Tools RSS Feed

Published on 07-12-2016 21:29
    Article Preview

REVIEW
    By John Fenna

Although the Casstrom Swedish Forest Knife is available in different sizes, steels, grinds, handle materials and sheaths, when I saw the 10cm “No 10” version in 4mm O2 steel with Curly Birch scales in a Cognac veg tan leather sheath that also held a matching
    Published on 02-12-2016 14:34
    Article Preview

REVIEW
    By John Fenna

Ever since Tim Leatherman brought out the first Multitool I have been a bit of a fan of Leatherman Tools, but all of them have had the drawback of containing a locking knife blade (or two) which has made them
    Published on 04-11-2016 15:43
    Article Preview

REVIEW

By John Fenna

Wearing your knife on an extended belt loop or “dangler” is a popular option these days, but not every knife sheath comes with this option.

Now Casstrom have come up with their handy No 3 Dangler that can instantly add a dangler ...
    Published on 13-06-2016 21:23
    Article Preview

Review

By John Fenna

Coming, like all Helle Knives, in a strong card tube along with a care and maintenance booklet, a linen cloth and a lifetime warranty against production faults, the Helle Sigmund reflects 80 years of design heritage from this reknowned Norwegian knife-making company.

Published on 02-03-2016 10:00
    Article Preview

REVIEW
    By John Fenna

The Bushcraft Store produce a range of knives in a selection of steels, handles and sheath options, and in this instance I will be reviewing the Boar Bushcraft Knife in stainless steel with micarta handle scales and a leather sheath with an attached fire lighting kit.

The Boar Knife has a 5mm thick 110mm long, 30mm wide (at the short ricasso) blade with a Scandi grind with no secondary bevel. The full tang construction handle has natural ...
    Published on 17-12-2015 11:12
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

I would think that most bushcrafters have heard of Opinel Knives; most have probably owned one at some point, or use one on a regular basis. My No 9 lives in my sporran pouch!
    To celebrate their 125th anniversary, Opinel have ...
    Published on 07-11-2015 22:44
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

A multi tool of some sort accompanies me most everywhere I go, and most of those I use - from the Micra on my key ring to the Super Tool 300 in my van repair kit - are Leatherman Multi Tools as I find them to be the best for my needs in terms of materials, design, tools and tool layout.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast