Alpkit
  • Clothing & Footwear RSS Feed

Published on 18-04-2016 13:32
    Article Preview

REVIEW

By John Fenna

I have recently been trying out the 5.11 Flannel Shirt and found it comfortable, practical and versatile as a shirt for cooler weather.

I am
    big fan of 5.11 clothing – the cut fits me well, the build ...
    Published on 15-04-2016 11:36
    Article Preview

REVIEW

By John Fenna

Made from a tough 174g 65% polyester 35% cotton ripstop fabric, the 5.11 Taclite TDU Trousers are comfortable, robust and practical for use in the woods.

The lightest
    Published on 15-04-2016 11:23
    Article Preview

REVIEW

By John Fenna

I have always preferred wool socks over synthetic fibre items and Merino wool is probably the best wool for “next to the body” wear as it proves the least itchy, being naturally a long and ...
    by Published on 26-01-2016 10:35
    Article Preview

Review
    By Tony

Boots are important, everyone who needs them should invest in a quality pair that'll look
    Published on 16-12-2015 15:05
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

I am always on the lookout for good outdoor socks as I really find that any foot discomfort can wreck a trip.

I was intrigued when I saw DarnTough Socks from Vermont USA offer not
    Published on 07-12-2015 14:50
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

An over-the-head smock (or “anorak” as some would call it) is a favourite style of garment among bushcrafters, and the lightly insulated 5.11 Taclite Anorak should prove popular.

Made with a 65/35 polyester cotton ripstop outer fabric, a 40gm polyester wadding insulation to
    Published on 04-12-2015 21:03
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

Many bushcrafters have discovered 5.11 clothing and equipment to be well suited to their activities. I have been testing the new 5.11 Apex Pant (trousers to us Brits) and think they may well prove

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast