Alpkit
  • Clothing & Footwear RSS Feed

Published on 11-11-2014 11:18
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

As my vastly expensive, custom-made, orthopaedic insoles were coming to the end of their effective life, I was very pleased to be able to get hold of some Superfeet Premium Insoles, ...
    Published on 08-09-2014 13:04
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

I am always on the lookout for ecologically responsible and effective ways of keeping outdoor clothing in tiptop condition, and have recently been trying out Grangers “2 in 1 Cleaner and Proofer”, which ...
    Published on 08-09-2014 12:45
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

I am pretty well known to BCUK members as a bit of a supporter of natural fibre fabrics, but even I will admit that sometimes synthetics can prove good for bushcraft activity ...
    Published on 28-05-2014 12:43
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

Recently re-introduced to the Snugpak range the Westwinds range of clothing uses a unique 100% cotton Ventile material, a classic performance fabric that is a natural fibre, yet one which is a true weather-beater.

Originally developed during WWII for immersion suits to give pilots on the Arctic convoys a fair chance of survival ...
    Published on 13-05-2014 18:19
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

5.11 have an enviable reputation for producing tough, comfortable and very practical clothing. I am something of a fan of 5.11 gear and find it long lasting and very functional clothing in which to practise my bushcraft ...
    Published on 12-03-2014 13:09
    Article Preview

Review
    By John Fenna

The Jack Pyke Countryman Jumper may be made up of mainly synthetic materials, and as such may not stand up well to sparks from the camp fire, but in nearly every other respect, has proved to be a practical, ...
    Published on 19-12-2013 12:34
    Article Preview

Review
    By Mark Aspell

Muck Boots have long been associated with their trademark design of making foot wear comprising of a natural rubber bottom half and neoprene upper; this combination provides both strength and flexibility from

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  • Recent Articles

Snugpak: Endurance Rucksack

Review
    By John Fenna

I have recently been trying out Snugpak’s 40 litre Endurance Rucksack and found it to be a versatile and very practical bag for most of my bushcraft activities.

Available in either Black or a darker-than-most Olive colours, the Endurance is made from 500D heavy duty nylon and measures approx 49cm x 31cm x 22cm with a traditional

Tags: bag  carry  rucksack  snugpak 
    shelly 13-11-2014 13:00 Go to last post

Superfeet: Premium Insoles

Review
    By John Fenna

As my vastly expensive, custom-made, orthopaedic insoles were coming to the end of their effective life, I was very pleased to be able to get hold of some Superfeet Premium Insoles,

Tags: boots  feet  insole  walking 
    shelly 11-11-2014 11:18 Go to last post

Zippo Brown Canvas Bag

Review
    By John Fenna

My admiration of the classic “canvas and leather” look kit is not a secret, so it will come as no surprise to many that the new (and limited availability) Zippo Brown Canvas Bag attracted me as soon as I saw it!

Tags: bag  canvas  carry  leather  zippo 
    shelly 11-11-2014 10:54 Go to last post