PDA

View Full Version : hammock

sparks
22-08-2005, 17:00
hi
has anyone seen a hammock like this.
hammock on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DD-CAMPING-HAMMOCK-Enclosable-Weighs-just-730g_W0QQitemZ5233554982QQcate goryZ19296QQssPageNameZWDVWQQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
if so what do you think

Motorbike Man
22-08-2005, 17:06
hi
hammock on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DD-CAMPING-HAMMOCK-Enclosable-Weighs-just-730g_W0QQitemZ5233554982QQcate goryZ19296QQssPageNameZWDVWQQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
if so what do you think
I've got one of those exact hammock. I've not had a chance to try it yet, but I was surprised at the quality for the price. If you do a search for hammock, you'll find this thread (http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=7259&page=1&pp=30) amongst others where that hammock is discussed

Phil562
22-08-2005, 17:24
Got one off evilbay, paid Just under 20 inc p&p.

My first try out was yesterday morning, having never put up or used a hammock before, found it slightly awkward first time. Took it down and tried again - no probs. Found using two karabiners helped.

Quality of hammock seems ok. I'm a big lad, however still found it comfortable.

Hopefully will try an overnight stay in it over the bank holiday weekend.

weekend_warrior
22-08-2005, 17:29
hi
if so what do you think

I bought one and took it to the BCUK summer meet - worked very well and I was surprised at the quaility for the price. :)

cossack
22-08-2005, 18:02
Spent the weekend before last in one, great until Sunday morning forgot where I was spun round to discuss breakast with friend in next pair trees - rapid landing - not hammocks fault. Impressed on delivery from DD purchased late on a sunday night received by Tusday
Kerry

Graham_S
22-08-2005, 18:16
the guy selling these is just down the road from me. it'd be cheaper for me to drive to his house to pick it up than to get it posted :D

leon-1
22-08-2005, 20:12
Yep I am another one with one of these, for the money they are very good, they are a good size and the packed size and weight is pretty good as well :D

lardbloke
22-08-2005, 20:42
As you know from other hammock discussions I have purchased one of these also and am most pleased. The hammock can be readily be adapted to suit your own personal requirments. I borrowe RM eco hammock DVD from big lizard in order to adapt this type of hammock towards the RM type. I removed the hanging ropes, shortened them, sewed in loops, these are attatched by karribiners to another set of tree huggers (another 5 per side metres bought from ebay bloke) and works like a charm, all for around 20 quid (same set up others have applied on here). I just have to fix a full mossi net either surrounding the set up or sewen into the top. Lovely job.

moduser
23-08-2005, 09:19
I purchased one and then a second for my son as there pretty good value for money.

Also worth mentioning that the guy selling them provides a really quick service.

Although both of mine smelled a bit musting (obviously from storage or something) the smell disappears soon enough with a good airing.

fa11en ange1
23-08-2005, 09:54
I picked up one of these a little while back too, finally got to try at the weekend and I am seriously impressed. I weigh just over 17 stone and it took my weight and that of my 2 year old no problem. Plus as everyone has said dead easy to put up and put away. I used the trusty Evenk (spelling?) hitch for mine and it stayed up and un-did very easily, good job really as it's the only fancy knot I know :D

I'm really keen to spend the whole night in it now and hope to do so next week while I'm off work, assuming I can convince the wife that nasty things aren't going to happen to me while I'm alone in the woods :rolleyes:

Now I just hope the 8 (with P&P) ebay tarp I've ordered will do for shelter...