PDA

View Full Version : help

vizsla
02-10-2010, 20:06
can anybody tel me how to insert images into the thread, i presume u click on the insert images symbol but then it asks for the url address but dont no what that means, sorry if i sound stupid!!

Shewie
02-10-2010, 20:21
You need to host your pics on a server somewhere, most folk use either imageshack or photobucket, both are free which is good.

Some tips here ....
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53527&p=651313#post651313

See how you get on

ged
02-10-2010, 20:34
can anybody tel me how to insert images into the thread, i presume u click on the insert images symbol but then it asks for the url address but dont no what that means

URL = Uniform Resource Locator or something like that. It's a Web address in other words. A Web address doesn't have to be a Web page like the one you're viewing now, it can just be an image or some text or whatever data you like.

I don't know what browser and operating system you're using and I don't even know if you're using a mouse (you need to tell us things like that, we aren't clairvoyant) but I'm guessing if you right click the image you want to paste and then left click "copy image location" or something like that then you will be able to paste the URL (the image location is the URL) directly where you want it to go.

If things don't work like I guess then it might help if you can tell us some more about how you're doing things and what you're using to do them with. :)

If the image doesn't have a URL (because, say, it's on your PC and not on the Web) then you'll either have to put it on the Web first or do things a different way.

vizsla
02-10-2010, 21:51
the problem is because they are in my pictures on my computer and not on the internet. i just tried puting them on imageshock but gave up i havnt got a clue about computers(laptop). cheers for trying to help me tho, il try again

ex-member Raikey
02-10-2010, 21:53
i,m a techno-klutz but the photobucket route is pretty self guiding,....dont give up man we all want to see what you been taking pics of!

Shewie
02-10-2010, 22:11
Yeah try photobucket, it's a bit simpler

In a nutshell ...

1. Find Photobucket and setup and account
2. Create an album
3. Click on the upload button
4. Browse to the location of your pics on your pc
5. Select the files you want and upload
6. Once they've uploaded to p'bucket they'll appear in your album, click on the IMG code under the pic you want.
7. Right click and paste that link into your thread

Have a go in the test forum, folk normally chip in to help as you go along :)

lannyman8
02-10-2010, 22:37
if you look on the HOW TO bit of the forum it tells you how to do the job through photobucket. its got pics to which is always good,,,,lol