PDA

View Full Version : Shocking story on BBC News

Alex...
11-12-2009, 15:06
Okay, it's a deliberately misleading title. But has anyone seen this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8405586.stm

What with a number of these issues, including the recent bushcraft post on the pigeon, I'm beginning to think that these things are becoming more and more common.

I find it a shame that "for legal reasons" they cannot be named. It's not as though they didn't know what they were doing for their age.

I would happily boycott any firm that ever employed them. I wonder what they will go on to do next.

Sorry for moaning, I know it's not a bushcrafty thing, but I wonder how many people would love to meet these gents in a dark alley and reeducate them in the rights and wrongs of society.

Moan over...........

Prawnster
11-12-2009, 15:27
Absolutely awful story but...

Could the mods do something about the thread title please? I find it a little distasteful and think it reflects badly on this forum.

Matt.S
11-12-2009, 15:31
I doubt breeding has anything much to do with it, it's upbringing that's the problem here.

gregorach
11-12-2009, 15:40
I'd like to second Prawnster's request, before we get overrun by Stormfront types. An infestation of neo-nazis can be very difficult to get rid of once established.

Waterworx
11-12-2009, 15:45
:cussing:

What was going through their minds, why????

"He accepted he had stomped on the fawn's ribs because he thought it would be fun." Would it be fun if I stomped on his ribs????

Sorry, this sort of thing infuriates me!

Whats the odds they get away scott free??

Hugo
11-12-2009, 15:46
Bad title, interesting read.
They all need a good hiding.

76bts
11-12-2009, 15:52
Yes its likely these people will get away with it, and they are not kids, they are old enough to know better. The sad thing is why some people have such evil inside, I mean most people would be overwhelmed with happiness seeing a young fawn. Their parents should be slapped with a 10k fine each, oh yeah its not their fault they brought their kids up with no respect or morales.

DavidJT
11-12-2009, 15:52
We already had a long discussion about this and the surounding issues when it first happened. Not sure there's much left to say. Can't post alink from
my phone, but the thread was titled "disgusting".

Adze
11-12-2009, 15:54
What with a number of these issues, including the recent bushcraft post on the pigeon, I'm beginning to think that these things are becoming more and more common.
That's what you're supposed to think Alex. However, it's just as likely to be selective reporting - are fewer children having accidents with innappropriately stored air rifles now the media spotlight as moved on to pigeon bashing and deer stomping? Probably not.

Hopefully I'm not the only one to spot the irony of wishing harm on three teenagers who inflicted harm on something else - which is the worse crime?

gregorach
11-12-2009, 15:57
Are you guy's really offended by the title....something here strikes me about the "bigger picture"

No, I'm not offended by it at all. But it's kinda like leaving the top off the jam at a summer picnic... You're going to attract unwelcome visitors.

Melonfish
11-12-2009, 16:02
Weird nazi title aside these kids, well i dunno i mean questions should be raised about the state of our young people surely? that they can go out and do this?

susi
11-12-2009, 16:17
It's shocking. I used to be of the "live and let live" variety, but the older I get I seem to be changing, now I just want someone to lock these types up and throw away the key. Doubtful they're going to make any positive contribution to society, they'll just be a cost to Mr Average, first through "rehabilitation programmes", then through more jail time.

John Fenna
11-12-2009, 16:50
Disgusting behaviour and an equally disgusting title!
I have alerted Mods to it.

John Fenna
11-12-2009, 16:59
Educated you may be - but you are also gratuitously offensive!
You would be no more welcome around my campfire than the oiks in the story.

DavidJT
11-12-2009, 16:59
We already had a long discussion about this and the surounding issues when it first happened. Not sure there's much left to say. Can't post alink from
my phone, but the thread was titled "disgusting".

Back home now. Here's the link to the earlier lengthy discussion...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42228&highlight=disgusting

(Better title now, thanks!)

John Fenna
11-12-2009, 17:02
Thank you mods for the title change.!

moduser
11-12-2009, 17:02
I have edited the title of this thread.

Now it means that some of the comments are out of context but that's life.

Klenchblaize
11-12-2009, 17:09
I fear the locksmith is on his way.

Prawnster
11-12-2009, 17:12
Thanks to the mods for the title change.

Alex you seem quite upset so I think it best for everyone if you and I don't keep in touch.:)

Melonfish
11-12-2009, 17:16
I fear the locksmith is on his way.

i hear his keys jangling already.

Alex... bluntly m8 the title of the thread offended people, when they said so you've gone out of your way to publicly berate them. Bad form old chap.

Celt_Ginger
11-12-2009, 17:16
The arguement has kind of overshadowed the point of the thread.

Alex...
11-12-2009, 17:22
i hear his keys jangling already.

Alex... bluntly m8 the title of the thread offended people, when they said so you've gone out of your way to publicly berate them. Bad form old chap.

You are quite right.

My apologies to anyone I may have offended. My intention was to obviously post an article that may casue a touch of controversy and as has been mentioned the title has slightly overshadowed the meaning of the post.

I was obviously a touch annoyed when I posted the original title, and have a bee in my bonnet about free speach etc.

Again apologies to all, I'll go back and delete my previous threads.

Thanks

Alex.

locum76
11-12-2009, 17:23
Hopefully I'm not the only one to spot the irony of wishing harm on three teenagers who inflicted harm on something else - which is the worse crime?

I agree 100% :)

caliban
11-12-2009, 17:50
I agree 100%

I disagree 100%. Inflicting harm as a punishment on cruel and vindictive people serves the purpose of allowing them to empathise with their victim and acts as a deterrent, it's totally different to mounting a gratuitous violent attack on any species of animal, human or otherwise. The attack on the fawn was proactive and pointless (not to mention nauseating and evil), beating the living daylights out of the criminals involved (by legal means) would be reactive and serve a very good purpose.

In response to the question, "which is the worse crime?", easy! Torturing a baby animal is a crime and wishing harm on the people who did it isn't a crime, so if anyone is having trouble deciding which behaviour is the "worse" they need to do a course in basic logic.

Adze
11-12-2009, 18:12
In response to the question, "which is the worse crime?", easy! Torturing a baby animal is a crime and wishing harm on the people who did it isn't a crime, so if anyone is having trouble deciding which behaviour is the "worse" they need to do a course in basic logic.

Perhaps 'wishing it' isn't criminal, but inflicting it in the manner described in the original post certainly would be. Far from basic logic, it would appear Locum is onto the advanced stuff already :rolleyes:

launditch1
11-12-2009, 18:21
What a disgusting and sickening thing to do..All too common these days sadly.

Its the three kids i feel sorry for,mummy didnt love them enough probably.

Whats going to happen to these wonderful examples of the human race i wonder?...

Alex...
11-12-2009, 18:39
Perhaps 'wishing it' isn't criminal, but inflicting it in the manner described in the original post certainly would be. Far from basic logic, it would appear Locum is onto the advanced stuff already :rolleyes:

I've been biting my tongue and removing my posts so not as to offend anyone.

BUT

I've not stated that violence should be inflicted on these pratts. If you're going to refer to my original post then do it properly. What you read in to it is your right but please do not misquote me.

I've bought from people on this site, I've also lent a lot of equipment to people, but frankly I'm rather hacked off at the response to this thread. I really do think this is an excellent site, so perhaps I should just keep my head down for a while.

Adze
11-12-2009, 18:44
Sorry for moaning, I know it's not a bushcrafty thing, but I wonder how many people would love to meet these gents in a dark alley and reeducate them in the rights and wrongs of society.

I'm sorry Alex - have I misunderstood this? What exactly does it mean then?

coln18
11-12-2009, 18:49
Adze,

With all due respect, i have just come in and obviously the original threads have been deleted, but as someone just reading what is left, it seems your comments are kind of taking the issue away from this brutal pointless killing of a innocent life. I understand you probably have a very good point mate, but because any one new to this thread cant see what you are discussing, it really is pointless and you should probably discuss this with anyone interested by pm, the rest of us dont know what your talking about... lets stick to subject guys... i cant fathom how anyone could link the killing of a fawn with nazis and jews.....

All respect

Colin

Adze
11-12-2009, 19:08
Colin,

The original post, first one in this thread both railed about the pointless, cruel and stupid actions of three teenagers in killing a fawn and then proceeded to, at least in appearance, display a wish by the OP to meet said teenagers 'down a dark alley' - I find it a little difficult to believe he meant to meet them to teach them the finer points of modern dance. This I found somewhat ironic, wishing a lack of cruelty in once sentence and a potential death sentence for said cruelty in the next.

Has the OP removed the first post then? I can still see it although the title, which was the original link between the nazi comments and this thread has now been changed.

Be under no illusion, I think of the actions of the teenagers in killing the fawn as deserving of our contempt, and proper punishment should be meted out for it.

However, I don't believe beating them to a pulp in a dark alley or inflicting some form of physical/corporal/capital punishment on them would be in any way helpful to the situation nor indicative of a civilized society.

durulz
11-12-2009, 19:23
I disagree 100%. Inflicting harm as a punishment on cruel and vindictive people serves the purpose of allowing them to empathise with their victim and acts as a deterrent, it's totally different to mounting a gratuitous violent attack on any species of animal, human or otherwise. The attack on the fawn was proactive and pointless (not to mention nauseating and evil), beating the living daylights out of the criminals involved (by legal means) would be reactive and serve a very good purpose.

I disagree 100%.
Many countries have corporal and capital punishment. Yet they still have crime.
All such punitive measures do is create resentment and show you get your own way with violence. The purpose of state is to protect its subjects and citizens, not harm them.
If any moderator thinks this looks like an overtly political posting and may open the flood gates then do feel free to delete it.

Also, we often hear about how bad things are nowadays and how it's all getting worse. So, can anyone tell me when the Golden Age when no acts of petty violence and malice occurred actually was? These kinds of things are disgusting and abhorrent, yet have always happened. And they've always been in the minority. We aren't going to the dogs.

locum76
11-12-2009, 19:32
durluz. again, i agree 100% :)

Doc
11-12-2009, 19:36
I wonder if we should abandon this thread?

Everybody agrees that pointless cruelty to wild animals is wrong. Everybody agrees that those responsible should be punished.

How they are punished might be a good subject for a criminal justice website, but I don't think it's appropriate here. The original post did not explicitly advocate punishing them with violence but clearly implied it. Vigilante justice does not sit well with my idea of reason, civilisation and rule of law. I admit it has a 'gut reaction' appeal, but when you think about it a little deeper, it leads to all kinds of problems.

rik_uk3
11-12-2009, 19:38
If youngsters are capable of beating older humans to death it comes as no surprise to me that they can kill an animal in this manner.

Legislation put into place to protect youngsters has in reality empowered them to behave in any manor they see fit. No discipline at home or School, children having children, powerless police and of course a dumbed down education and exam system etc. We've killed childhood with 'kindness'

durulz
11-12-2009, 19:40
I wonder if we should abandon this thread?

Everybody agrees that pointless cruelty to wild animals is wrong. Everybody agrees that those responsible should be punished.

How they are punished might be a good subject for a criminal justice website, but I don't think it's appropriate here.

I agree 100% with that one as well.

hog
11-12-2009, 20:14
A severe public thrashing and I mean severe, to the point a doctor has trouble finding vital signs.

gsfgaz
11-12-2009, 21:48
Bad to the bone... evil little

rik_uk3
11-12-2009, 21:55
A severe public thrashing and I mean severe, to the point a doctor has trouble finding vital signs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78b67l_yxUc

woodstock
11-12-2009, 23:25
Okay, it's a deliberately misleading title. But has anyone seen this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8405586.stm

I find it a shame that "for legal reasons" they cannot be named. It's not as though they didn't know what they were doing for their age.

I would happily boycott any firm that ever employed them. I wonder what they will go on to do next.

Moan over...........

Morons! and your quiete right they should be named

Barn Owl
11-12-2009, 23:44
As discussed in 'Not the nine o'clock news' a fair few years ago....

The only answer is 'Off with their b......s'.

Sorry.no link...

But as I get older and wiser, I see that nothing short of a good thrashing will suffice.

I was once very liberal in view,indeed still am in many ways, but some things deserve a good dose of real 'summary justice'.

I can bet more of the kids my age learnt such as opposed to those given a social worker.

I've been there there on the front line,before and after public service.:rolleyes:

woodstock
11-12-2009, 23:48
Colin,

The original post, first one in this thread both railed about the pointless, cruel and stupid actions of three teenagers in killing a fawn and then proceeded to, at least in appearance, display a wish by the OP to meet said teenagers 'down a dark alley' - I find it a little difficult to believe he meant to meet them to teach them the finer points of modern dance. This I found somewhat ironic, wishing a lack of cruelty in once sentence and a potential death sentence for said cruelty in the next.

Has the OP removed the first post then? I can still see it although the title, which was the original link between the nazi comments and this thread has now been changed.

Be under no illusion, I think of the actions of the teenagers in killing the fawn as deserving of our contempt, and proper punishment should be meted out for it.

However, I don't believe beating them to a pulp in a dark alley or inflicting some form of physical/corporal/capital punishment on them would be in any way helpful to the situation nor indicative of a civilized society.

That may be your take on what he said, but from what I read he never said once he was going to beat them to a pulp he may by his own admission implied it but unlike the lads who killed the deer he never did it or i would think never would, it was a knee jerk reaction to a very harrowing story

Draven
11-12-2009, 23:57
As discussed in 'Not the nine o'clock news' a fair few years ago....

The only answer is 'Off with their b......s'.

Sorry.no link...

But as I get older and wiser, I see that nothing short of a good thrashing will suffice.

I was once very liberal in view,indeed still am in many ways, but some things deserve a good dose of real 'summary justice'.

I can bet more of the kids my age learnt such as opposed to those given a social worker.

I've been there there on the front line,before and after public service.:rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more.

A length of knotted rope says a good deal more than 'Could you tell me about your mother?'

Pete

caliban
12-12-2009, 03:42
Many countries have corporal and capital punishment. Yet they still have crime

So you think that criminal prosecution is only for deterrence and not about exacting justice?

All such punitive measures do is create resentment and show you get your own way with violence

And giving the wee loves a free Safari in Africa and a lifelong subscription to the Guardian newspaper shows them that violence doesn't pay? LOL! These sickos can "resent" all they like, so long as they are scared to display that resentment criminally for fear of more than a sociology class being meted out as punishment I'm fine with that.

The purpose of state is to protect its subjects and citizens, not harm them

You abrogate your right to that protection when you break the social contract and use the umbrella of protection provided by the state that prevents people who are tougher and more ruthless than you from abusing you, as a safe haven from which to launch sickening and cowardly attacks on creatures that are weaker and more vulnerable than you are.

coln18
12-12-2009, 11:19
You abrogate your right to that protection when you break the social contract and use the umbrella of protection provided by the state that prevents people who are tougher and more ruthless than you from abusing you, as a safe haven from which to launch sickening and cowardly attacks on creatures that are weaker and more vulnerable than you are.

caliban,

Well said that man!!!!!!, thats exactly how i feel on the subject, there once was a time when innocent people used to get beatings from corrupt police (not all but the bad apples ect) and this had to change, but as usual with being PC, we go to far the other way, the victims never seem to count any more, be it a oap or a little fawn, its seems to be more about the morons and there rights.

It really amazes me that people can do horrible things in society and then are so quick to claim that their human rights are being violated, surely we all should have human rights but when you abuse others rights be them human/animal then surely as Caliban said you cant hide under that umbrella......

All the best

Colin

Celt_Ginger
12-12-2009, 12:41
A fitting punishment may be to put them in a room and let Adze have a jolly good rant at them. (only joking Adze)

apj1974
12-12-2009, 13:05
It really amazes me that people can do horrible things in society and then are so quick to claim that their human rights are being violated, surely we all should have human rights but when you abuse others rights be them human/animal then surely as Caliban said you cant hide under that umbrella......

If only people would realise that along with rights go responsibilities. We should never had had a human rights act without a complementary human responsibilities act, and a clear law showing how one effects the other and how a failure to live up to the human responsibilities abrogates the rights.

I think its stems from the problem of European law being clumisly fitted into an English one and because of the binding nature of judicial Precedents in the United Kingdom, but don'e get me started on that.

Sorry I drifted off thread - it was a terrible crime and the persons responsible should be tirelessly hunted down and penalised to the maximum extent that the law allows.

C_Claycomb
12-12-2009, 14:24
Back when I was at university a girl I shared a house with told me of an incident when she was in school. So this must have been no later than 1994. A guy in her class came into school and bragged about having strangled a cat with its own tail. I have since wondered whether such a thing is actually possible, but in any case it was a stupid thing to brag about because it impressed his classmates less than he expected. Instead, he got beaten up.

I can't help but think that punishment at the hands of his peers would have a far greater salutory effect than anything that might have eventually been handed down from on-high.

Tiley
12-12-2009, 15:42
I can't help but think that punishment at the hands of his peers would have a far greater salutory effect than anything that might have eventually been handed down from on-high.

I'm sure you're right - but doesn't that kind of stance empower the lynch mob attitude? And what happens to our concept of 'justice' then?

This was a despicable and abhorrent crime. What is interesting is the gulf dividing the two schools of thought about what should happen to the perpetrators. It seems that the violence of feeling is matched only by the savagery meted out on the poor, innocent fawn.

hog
12-12-2009, 16:25
Whatever happened to inter euterine cannibalism?

Bushwhacker
12-12-2009, 17:23
Take a look at this and then tell me whether it was justifiable to lash out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8ojeHySYSA

Absolutely textbook I reckon. When you're dealing with scumbags like that what else can you do?

apj1974
12-12-2009, 17:30
Take a look at this and then tell me whether it was justifiable to lash out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8ojeHySYSA

Absolutely textbook I reckon. When you're dealing with scumbags like that what else can you do?

I think that is a commendable example of restraint and self defence.

Draven
12-12-2009, 17:32

Works for me!

Many countries have corporal and capital punishment. Yet they still have crime.
That said, it's pretty uncommon for the subject of an execution to reoffend.

The purpose of state is to protect its subjects and citizens, not harm them.
What about protecting the law-abiding citizens? Or does that not come into it? Some crooks can be rehabilitated, and some are, but random acts of utter cruelty and inhumanity deserve worse punishment than a pathetically short prison sentence. If you want it in less confrontational terms, it's been observed and proven time and time again that violent criminals tend to work their way up through crimes, gradually increasing the severity of their crimes. The more they get away with, the more destructive they become. You might be OK with the risk that their next target, or a target down the line, is one of your friends, or family members, or hell, even just your dog - but I ain't. Criminals in this country know they'll get a cushy ride even if they do get convicted. There are people out there who have upwards of 50 convictions, can you honestly say that they can be rehabilitated?

Pete

coln18
12-12-2009, 19:00
[QUOTE=Tiley;610750]I'm sure you're right - but doesn't that kind of stance empower the lynch mob attitude? And what happens to our concept of 'justice' then?

Tiley, i have a feeling most people dont actually want to do nasty things for real to these evil people, its just really an angry frustration that when ever you read or hear about these things there doesnt really seem to be any real justice.

How often to we see someone killing or raping and they get a 10 year sentence, and we all know they will probably be out in 5 years, or an animal like this innocent fawn being tortured to death ( welcome to the world, little one ) and the kids get off with 20 hours community service -

This isnt justice and hence why, we the people arnt happy with the law as it stands, we all know that the real reason is that there isnt the space in jails, so these animals get off with all kind of sick stunts that sicken the MAJORITY of good decent people.

How do we change such things, well we dont, im afraid as a post earlier said, these things have always happened and always will, all we can do is make it understood that hurting an animal is not funny and not accepted in any civilized society, in that way we can maybe persuade the immature not to act in this manner, but im afraid, as human beings, there will always be a sick, unhealthy element that will do these things for the pure pleasure of it.

An interesting question would be, "If you saw this happening to the fawn, would you intervene, even at your own risk?"

I for one would, i know there has been a point made about meeting violence with violence and the irony in that, but as a society it is our duty to defend the innocent and weak from the evil doers of this world, as the famous saying goes -

Evil can only take hold when the good turn there back and ignore it

OK, im not quite sure thats a famous phrase, but you get my point, it will be interesting to see how many of us would intervene, try to be honest in this, there is no shame in admitting you would just walk on, i know many of us have families we have to put first ect ect..

All the best

Colin....

Tiley
12-12-2009, 20:05
[QUOTE=coln18;610833
it's just really an angry frustration that when ever you read or hear about these things there doesnt really seem to be any real justice.

Everyone is entitled to be outraged by such atrocities. Francis Bacon, in his essay "On Revenge" declared that was "a wild kind of justice", suggesting that there were always going to be occasions when actions are the only suitable punishments and meeting violence with violence can feel justified, even redemptive in the sense that the group is acting on behalf of the silent majority.

This isnt justice ... these animals get off with all kind of sick stunts that sicken the MAJORITY of good decent people.

I would count myself in that number on this occasion. However, if the lynch mob's 'justice' becomes the norm in emotive issues the whole time, we start down the road of abandoning justice in its broader sense. Yes, the law can be an ass and, yes, it is sickening to think of the perpetrators of heinous and despicable crimes getting off so lightly but what is the solution? Stiffer sentences? Reintroducing the death penalty? Or might education produce the answer over the longer term? I make no claims to have a solution; I do not state that my position occupies the moral high ground. All I am trying to do is elicit a considered, rational and, yes, just response to the disgusting behaviour of these young people.

An interesting question would be, "If you saw this happening to the fawn, would you intervene, even at your own risk?"

Yes, I would - without hesitation.

there has been a point made about meeting violence with violence and the irony in that, but as a society it is our duty to defend the innocent and weak from the evil doers of this world.

Again, a good point, persuasively made. However, I think I would feel happier acting on my own, rather than in a group, no matter what the scenario simply because I have a deep-seated fear of the possibility and power of 'mob rule'. For all its shortcomings - and they are numerous - I try to hold on to a faith in the due process of law where a felony has been committed. Sentencing is inadequate in any number of cases but the process whereby a decision is reached by twelve members of the public after due consideration has to be better than an emotionally driven twitch reaction to a felony. If you see something occurring that you consider to be wrong, then step in and defend that innocent party or victim; after the event, I think it is wiser to let the ineeficient process grind its way to a decision which may not be the justice that you would want but does represent a form of it.

I know this sounds limp and all-too-placatory and I remain revolted by the crime that started this thread - so I apologise, unreservedly for not being more red-blooded about it. :(

Richard

coln18
12-12-2009, 20:35
No need to be sorry for your post Tiley, its quite obvious that your reply was well thought out and well made, i agree fullly with your replies, once the act has been commited there is no place for mob justice, even though at times we humans can act with best intentions, but when emotions run high, this is when society must fall back on the law and trust and hope that justice will be served for the people.

It is also good to read a reply from someone open to debate who doesnt let emotions run riot and who clearly isnt out for a fight or a wind up...

All the best COLIN.....

caliban
13-12-2009, 03:20
Sorry but I'm not buying any of that. What's "human rights" anyway? We've had human rights protection in this country for hundreds of years, longer than almost any country in the world, it's called the English Common Law. What's referred to as "human rights" in the present was a massive subversive reformation of our ancient legal system in favour of criminals. Violence is a deterrent, there were very low rates of recidivism from those who had been subjected to the discipline of the birch. That's a plain fact. If the threat of violence didn't work, why would nightclubs operating under the free market not employ mediators instead of bouncers? As for getting less liberal as you get older, that's got nothing to do with age, it's to do with having accumulated much more experience of how things actually work. As for acting within the law, we are not arguing about being allowed to take vigilante action, but are arguing about what "within the law" should actually encompass. These sick scumbags should be punished "within the law" as it was before the daydreaming utopians got their hands on it and changed it without any democratic consent, and that would mean they would have been perfectly legally beaten until they squealed.

coln18
13-12-2009, 11:50
good points, but whats ancient english common law got to do with a boy who stays in edinburgh (he he), im sure back then we picts ruled the world - didnt we? and it was scottish common law (in other words do what you like!)

caliban
13-12-2009, 20:41
Ha, ha! Sorry guys I've put my soapbox away. I do feel strongly about this, but I never intended to sound so confrontational, and it's just my obstinate opinion, worth no more than that of any of the people who feel as strongly in the other direction. I've been given my Horrlicks and bubble wrap so you'll hear no more from me.

Adze
13-12-2009, 21:07
bubble wrap

I saw a roll of red bubble wrap the other day, my first thought was 'tension sheet' !

Matt.S
13-12-2009, 23:10
I saw a roll of red bubble wrap the other day, my first thought was 'tension sheet' !

Be ware of embittered time-travelling Second Technicians, they may try to patent the idea...

durulz
14-12-2009, 09:30
That said, it's pretty uncommon for the subject of an execution to reoffend.Pete

Yeah, and it's equally uncommon for the INNOCENT subject of an execution to be released because the judiciary made a mistake...

Bushwhacker
14-12-2009, 10:28
Yeah, and it's equally uncommon for the INNOCENT subject of an execution to be released because the judiciary made a mistake...

In the past maybe, but with modern day forensics it's nigh on impossible to get the wrong person.

Adze
14-12-2009, 11:40
nigh on

I hope, for your sake, that on your planet you're not the next one they get wrong then :rolleyes:

Bushwhacker
14-12-2009, 12:09
I hope, for your sake, that on your planet you're not the next one they get wrong then :rolleyes:

Yeah, never thought of that, because there's lots of people on my planet with exactly the same DNA and fingerprints as me.

coln18
14-12-2009, 16:22
Now now children, lets not fight - Tis christmas after all and the season of good will ect ect, how have you 2 managed to take a thread about a fawn being tortured and killed to slagging off each others planetary justice and dna mastakes... tut tut, be nice or no pressies from mr claus this year.....

merry xmas COLIN.....

Bushwhacker
14-12-2009, 16:25
He started it.:)

Draven
14-12-2009, 16:29

What Bushwhacker said, and couple that with the number of accidental incarcerations/executions put next to the number of violent criminals who reoffend.

coln18
14-12-2009, 16:33
I dont care Bushwacker, ive told you before, it will be bed and no supper for you my lad if you keep this arguing up with Adze. Your fathers driving, just sit there quitely and we will be at aunite Matildas soon and then you will both get ice cream and a big sticky kiss...

Sorry should i be taking tis seriously....ho hum...ba humbug...and all that

Seasons greeting fellow people

Colin

Bushwhacker
14-12-2009, 16:42
I dont care Bushwacker, ive told you before, it will be bed and no supper for you my lad if you keep this arguing up with Adze. Your fathers driving, just sit there quitely and we will be at aunite Matildas soon and then you will both get ice cream and a big sticky kiss...

Sorry should i be taking tis seriously....ho hum...ba humbug...and all that

Seasons greeting fellow people

Colin

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? I'm hungry. I need a wee. Adze's pulling faces at me. Are we there yet? :)

coln18
14-12-2009, 16:46
Stop it Adze, you know pulling faces just makes Bushwacker piddle himself and im not cleaning it up again!

Everything Mac
14-12-2009, 18:31
i am disgusted at their behaviour - however i live not far from that place and it is sited right next to one of the roughest areas in the county.

not a surprise really.

andy

coln18
14-12-2009, 20:34
Yes me too Everything Mac, that Adze and Bushwacker should really behave themselves, always bickering they are! oh you mean the thugs that attacked the fawn, silly me.

Ok enough of hijacking this thread with Monty Pythonesk behaviour..i will stop now...

Col...

P.S NONE SHALL PASS

Mrs_Ursus
14-01-2010, 18:46
And what a thoroughly pathetic sentence they received: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8458792.stm :(

Melonfish
14-01-2010, 19:29
And what a thoroughly pathetic sentence they received: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8458792.stm :(

Got to admit, thats pretty darn pathetic. Thats like saying, hey if you stomp an animal to death for a laugh you're just going to have to be inconvenienced for a bit rather then really punished.

i'd like to see those community hours put towards a volunteer animal shelter, let them get some perspective on animals up close it may change their minds at least...

edit: oh good gods! one of the lads is actually APPEALING against his sentence?! does he believe he should get off completely scott free here? *my brain hurts*

_scorpio_
14-01-2010, 19:43
i am rarely one to stay out of a good bit of arguing, and i think these people are scum and wonder how long it will be till thats someones child in the place of that fawn "for a laugh", but i have found on this and other equally helpful and friendly forums, these controversial and blood boiling posts about sickening news and these thugs being let off with a warning for true crimes really only cause out of context arguments with each other and makes enemies out of folk who should be being on other forums helping each other out.
maybe a sub-forum for these kind of arguments where you dont use names and can have a good old moan without making enemies? or just stop these controversial posts all together.

coln18
14-01-2010, 19:59
Shame on them, but as a big believer of Karma, i truely believe that these lads will get whats coming to them in some just manner, the fact that one of the idiots shows absolutely no remorse by appealing this sentence tell us all we need to know about there belief structure.

If one goes through life in this manner its not long before it catches up with you and you only end up having a horrible unhappy life, but i suppose thats more than the poor fawn had, not to mention the distress the mother would have had...

But i still truely belive that there are more good decent people in this world than evil people, its just that they tend to shout a bit louder and make the headlines in the papers. How often have you read that a nice bushcrafter has went up the woods to feed the deer and birds etc etc....

I dont imagine they will have many friends after these headlines...

As i said "shame on them"

Colin

caliban
14-01-2010, 21:33
Yeah! What a pathetic sentence. My grandfather embarked upon a life of petty crime culminating in him (funnily enough in a way) joy riding a munitions train, for which he was birched in the high court. He never committed any crime again in his life and remained an extremely staunch supporter of both capital and corporal punishment all of his life. In his childhood adult criminals were still subject to the cat-o-nine tails (I kid you not). Rare was the scumbag that went back for a second dose of that. Violence is a part of the human condition, in a civilized society violence is inhibited and reserved mainly for use against the deserving few. In an uncivilized society violence doesn't go away, it just becomes the exclusive preserve of scumbags.

Native Nathan
14-01-2010, 23:38
To the Original Poster,

Sorry having just read this post at the time of posting this I missed the "Missleading Title"

However I believe your intention was to inform us of the mindless barbaric nature of individuals.

Personally I would have been well impressed to see a fawn, that felt safe enough to leave its mothers side

While the article from the BBC was distressing, I thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I think this was your intention not some of the other issues that seem to have arose.

One this is for sure, this thread has pointed out Opinions are like tummy buttons, everyone has one and they are all different.....lol