PDA

View Full Version : Gammon slices.

Tengu
15-09-2008, 16:25
A stroke of luck.

I buy those `1kg for 99p` bacon pieces packs from the butchers in the market, normaly I avoid those with too much fat in, of course, but this time I found one with a big long strip of fat showing, I bought it on a hunch.

I was right, inside was 3 nice gammon steaks, a product which is normaly beyond my pocket.

so now I want a pineapple marinade...pineapple goes well with gammon, but putting a slice on top to my mind seems very lame.

any suggestions?

Shewie
15-09-2008, 17:14
I`m more of a two fried eggs kind of guy Tengu, I think pineapple should be left for desert and not on top of a good gammon steak. I can`t stand the stuff on a pizza either.

Rich

bikething
15-09-2008, 17:53
try poaching it in Cider, then remove the gammon and put it somewhere to keep wam..

boil the cider down and add double cream to thicken it up to make a sauce to pour over the gammon. serve with mash with a spoonfull of french mustard stirred into it :D

dwardo
15-09-2008, 17:55
Thin layer of wholegrain mustard then topped off with a strong melted cheese :)

Shewie
15-09-2008, 17:56
try poaching it in Cider, then remove the gammon and put it somewhere to keep wam..

boil the cider down and add double cream to thicken it up to make a sauce to pour over the gammon. serve with mash with a spoonfull of french mustard stirred into it :D

Now that does sound good, what time`s tea bikething I`m on my way

Rich

bikething
15-09-2008, 18:04
Now that does sound good, what time`s tea bikething I`m on my way

Rich
Yorkshire to Devon ??? I'll have eaten yours as well by then :p

Pick a good cider though... you'll have at least half a bottle left to drink with the meal, so make it a good one :beerchug:

Tadpole
15-09-2008, 18:05
cook up a thinly sliced onion, till they are all stringy and brown, add the fruit juice from a small tin of pineapple, cook on a low heat till the juice has almost gone, when that is done cook the gammon.
In a clean frying pan cook one pineapple slice on a high heat till it smokes turn over and do the same for the other side. place on top of the gammon and pile the onions on top eat...

scanker
15-09-2008, 18:06
Try mixing a tsp of honey with a tsp of mustard and spreading that on either side. As you fry it, it sort of gloops up and goes all sticky.

bikething
15-09-2008, 18:09
cook up a thinly sliced onion, till they are all stringy and brown, add the fruit juice from a small tin of pineapple, cook on a low heat till the juice has almost gone, when that is done cook the gammon. In the same pan as the onions? - I might give this a go :)

Tadpole
15-09-2008, 18:12
In the same pan as the onions? - I might give this a go :)
you cook gammon in a pan? I'd grill it (didn't think I'd need to say how to cook gammon) ;)

bikething
15-09-2008, 18:14
you cook gammon in a pan? I'd grill it ever tried keeping the gammon in the cider in a grill ?? :p

Tadpole
15-09-2008, 18:18
ever tried keeping the gammon in the cider in a grill ?? :p
cider=drink
gammon=eat....

Shipham Cider= [insert drool icon here]