PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it quiet!

g4ghb
03-08-2008, 17:07
Must be a bushmoot or something on! :rolleyes:

anyone doing anything elase nice? - I started the day expecting to make a bunk bed up for my daughter... bed is still in the box in the middle of the lounge but now has a new carpet to keep it company! :confused:

the bedroom - 1/2 stripped and one wall freshly painted! :D

Funny how these 'little' jobs seem to snowball

littlebiglane
03-08-2008, 17:17
It is quiet isn't it! Lucky sods at the Bushmoot! :)

British Red
03-08-2008, 17:19
Been preserving garden produce all weekend - house smells of currants and vinegar and spice :) Lovely!

ANDYRAF
03-08-2008, 17:20
Yes too quiet, perhaps we should have had a party while they were away.

g4ghb
03-08-2008, 17:21
It is quiet isn't it! Lucky sods at the Bushmoot!

I was thinking that earlier! but looking outside at the torrential rain.......... :umbrella:

.................. would still rather be at the moot though! :o

g4ghb
03-08-2008, 17:22
Yes too quiet, perhaps we should have had a party while they were away.

great idea - i'll bring the bread - Hugh the Jam..... what you got handy Andy? :D

ANDYRAF
03-08-2008, 17:27
Home made clotted cream, aaaargh I can already feel the arteries hardening.

g4ghb
03-08-2008, 18:51

:lmao: Just as well it will be a virtual party this evening then! ;)

Celt_Ginger
03-08-2008, 18:54
I got some potcheen.............someone kindly left it on the front door step................honestly, I don't know where it came from. ;) You are all welcome to share it :D

g4ghb
03-08-2008, 18:56
some what? :o

hiraeth
03-08-2008, 19:04
I got some potcheen.............someone kindly left it on the front door step................honestly, I don't know where it came from. ;) You are all welcome to share it :D

Was introduced to that at my mates wedding, a load of his family came over from waterford and brought bottles of the stuff and wonderfull it was to (i think, cant remember most of the day).

Celt_Ginger
03-08-2008, 19:08
It's a beverage. :D

tommy the cat
03-08-2008, 19:11
He he been playing around with whittling a spoon type thing.....think its gonna be a keeper...first one for me! Got to say really enjoying the experience learn't loads.
D

British Red
03-08-2008, 19:17
I have a contact (never learned his name) who makes "fire wine". A remarkably strong form of home brew. I'll cure your ignorance before the month is out Graham!

Red

g4ghb
03-08-2008, 19:45
I have a contact (never learned his name) who makes "fire wine". A remarkably strong form of home brew. I'll cure your ignorance before the month is out Graham!

Red

Nice offer mate but you won't! ;) (I don't drink!:lmao: )

hiho
03-08-2008, 20:07
ive been to that geocaching mega event thingy all weekend

Wallenstein
03-08-2008, 20:45
It's a beverage. :D
Or you can use it as jet fuel, should that be required!

Powerful (but excellent) stuff when it's straight from the Bogs!

Celt_Ginger
03-08-2008, 21:12
Strange, that's where you usually end up after you've drunk the stuff, lol

lostagain
03-08-2008, 21:13
MOOT ???? What Moot....this weekend.....oh why didn't someone tell me there was something to do!!!!!! :lurk:

squantrill
03-08-2008, 21:14

How do you make clotted cream I miss it now living in healthy europe!!

Sniper
03-08-2008, 22:08
Pocheen,
Iv'e run my stove on that stuff, don't you have to water it down with meths or something before drinking? LOL

Mike Ameling
03-08-2008, 22:47

Ooooohhhh ... I vaguely remember that stuff!

Irish hill-folk version of moonshine! Right from the heather and bogs!

I got introduced to it in a small Irish pub in a rough-n-tumble frontier town - an 8x12 foot wood-floored tent saloon with a plank over two wooden whiskey barrels for the bar. Woke up floating in the pond - minus any valuables I might have had left. The cool waters did help the pounding in my head. And I'm pretty sure I needed the bath after being drug out across THAT floor!

Ah, some more of that well-spent youth! Hey, wait a minute. That was only 2 years ago!

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Staghound
03-08-2008, 23:23
Personally I went fishing for brown trout and kept well clear of the poteen (the trout kept fairly clear of me as well, except for one about nine inches long which went back with instructions to grow bigger)

durulz
04-08-2008, 08:01
great idea - i'll bring the bread - Hugh the Jam..... what you got handy Andy? :D

I have some home-brew cider. In truth it could do with another month or so rest, but if you're not fussy...

Ozhaggishead
04-08-2008, 09:20
Me stuck in Australia love to go.Need to start bushcraft oz website or something!.

Mikey P
04-08-2008, 21:25
Just raced Half Ironman 70.3 Antwerp Triathlon on Sunday. Really nice city - well recommended.

Had a great swim, the bike sucked (headwind and rain) but I smoked the run and pulled a 1:43 half-marathon out of somewhere :approve: . Excellent race and a thoroughly good weekend.

Have suggested they change the date so I get to next year's Moot.

durulz
05-08-2008, 08:32
Just raced Half Ironman 70.3 Antwerp Triathlon on Sunday. Really nice city - well recommended.

Had a great swim, the bike sucked (headwind and rain) but I smoked the run and pulled a 1:43 half-marathon out of somewhere :approve: . Excellent race and a thoroughly good weekend.

Have suggested they change the date so I get to next year's Moot.

Mmm. I loafed around in my pants, watched the Time Team omnibus, read a book about medieval naval warfare, trawled the internet for anything interesting, had an afternoon snooze and pottered in the shed.
Such is life.

Mike Ameling
05-08-2008, 16:32
Still torture-ing more poor innocent iron with fire and hammers. Oh, and occasionally making something. (That way there's no "false advertising).

I just wish more of the "weight loss" while working in the forge in these high temps and humidity was more ... permanent ... instead of just being poured out of my boots at the end of the day. And drinking that first cool beverage afterwards just adds it all back.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

spamel
06-08-2008, 13:09
The silence is over, I have returned!

:naughty:

Tripitaka
06-08-2008, 13:40
ive been to that geocaching mega event thingy all weekend

I had that in my calendar but dumped it to go to the moot...