PDA

View Full Version : "Quotes"?

ArkAngel
14-10-2006, 15:37
I couldn't find this on a thread anywhere so forgive me if it has been covered before.

When replying to a post i notice some people are able to put a portion of someone elses post in a different coloured box marked "Quote"

What white man's magic is this and could someone explain to me how to do it? :D

Many thanks

Ahjno
14-10-2006, 15:55
I couldn't find this on a thread anywhere so forgive me if it has been covered before.

When replying to a post i notice some people are able to put a portion of someone elses post in a different coloured box marked "Quote"

What white man's magic is this and could someone explain to me how to do it? :D

Many thanks

Click the "Quote" button on bottom right of a post to get the result as you see above this typing.

A pic to clearify :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/ahjno/QuoteBCUK.jpg

EDIT to add:
You can also copy and paste the text you want to quote and place it between so called 'tags', which in this case is [#QUOTE=@@@@] copy and paste text here from the person you want to quote [/QUOTE#]

- Remove the # sign, I added these to show you how the quote tags look like, but they don't appear normally, so made them visible with this # sign.

- On the place were the @ signs are, you place the (forum) name of the person you quote.

Hope this helps

ArkAngel
14-10-2006, 16:11
[QUOTE=Ahjno]Click the "Quote" button on bottom right of a post to get the result as you see above this typing.

A pic to clearify :D

Excellent thank you

ArkAngel
14-10-2006, 16:12
[QUOTE=Ahjno]Click the "Quote" button on bottom right of a post to get the result as you see above this typing.

A pic to clearify :[{QUOTE]

Excellent thank you

ArkAngel
14-10-2006, 16:13
hmm have to work on that one!

Ahjno
14-10-2006, 16:17

A pic to clearify :[{QUOTE]

Excellent thank you

As you see in above post (I marked the relevant bit red) you use at the end of the quote the { sign. This needs to be the / sign.
You're almost there :D

ArkAngel
14-10-2006, 17:10
As you see in above post (I marked the relevant bit red) you use at the end of the quote the { sign. This needs to be the / sign.
You're almost there :D

please please hope this works, this is getting embarrassing :o

ArkAngel
14-10-2006, 17:10
oh yeah baby,

thanks for the help mate :You_Rock_

Tony
14-10-2006, 17:11
He he, well done, looks like you've cracked it :D

ArkAngel
14-10-2006, 17:12
Finanlly!! :D

Always wondered how that was done in any forum!

Ed
14-10-2006, 17:22
Well done ArkAngel, you finally got it :).... and well done Ahjno for your patience and helping out.... have some rep :D

Ed

ArkAngel
14-10-2006, 18:04
Well done ArkAngel, you finally got it :).... and well done Ahjno for your patience and helping out.... have some rep :D

Ed

Indeed thanks again, i threw some rep in your direction earlier.

See now i know how there will be no stopping me

Ahjno
15-10-2006, 11:43
:o :thanks: guys!