Zebra mess tin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Just seen a pot I'd describe as a round mess tin made by zebra on ebay. Its being advertised by "woodland ways". Ha any one got one or used one ?.

Don't ask for a link, as I don't know how to do it.

Rob

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
If its the 14cm lunch box i have one, usual build quality and it fits the wood gas stove perfectly.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I've got a couple of them, It's the MSR Mountain pot by any other name (Made in the same factory too)
I pick them up for a few quid in the local hypermarket.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Sorry, that should have been stowaway pot.
Zebra make all of MSR's stainless steel cookware as far as I'm aware.
Incidentally, the 12 and 14cm stowaway pots will sit on the corresponding billy can as there is a recess on the base.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Looks just like the msr stowaway pot. If you are thinking of getting one note:- these pots come with two different type of bottoms, one type has a bottom with a slight inset that has a square 90 degree angle, the other type has a rounded bottom with no sharp angles, I have had both and the one with a rounded bottom is much better, it is easier to clean and cook with (because you can’t get your spoon right into the corner of the sharp angled one so food can burn there round the edge of the bottom). If you look at the picture in the second link provided by jared that one is the sharp angled one, look closely and you will see a small inset around the edge of the bottom. -- Other than that they are very good sturdy pots that last well and are good to use on an open fire but not lightweight pots (my 775ml one is about 400g, perhaps my scales are not the best the advertised weight is 365g).

Make one of these (it can be stored on the handle of the pot)
30be50a5-c7a8-4ad8-b936-ab8dd5674675.jpg

And with it the pot hangs well over a fire, here’s mine (it has the rounded bottom)
2915afb0-7e86-41b4-a229-785db9c1a8f6.jpg

leon-1

I have a number of Zebra / Seagull /MSR pots. I have a 10cm Billycan, a 14cm billy can (both billies prior to plastic clips being fitted), an MSR Stowaway pan(also has seagull branding on it) and the little 12 cm Zebra head pan with tray in it. All have provided good service and the MSR I am looking forward to using with an alpkit chainset (the lip isn't as prominent as it is on the Zebra pan) just to see if it'll work.

If you're gonna be cooking a main meal you'll want the 14cm one at least, anything smaller for even boil in the bag is going to struggle a bit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE