Yukon River Quest - Who is going?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fatduck89

Nov 19, 2007
Goffs Oak
Any of you guys doing the infamous 500 mile canoe race from Whitehorse to Dawson? I am and I can wait. Going with army friends under the team 'The Steelbacks' representing 3rd Battalion, The Royal Anglian Regiment. We are hoping to raise some money and awareness for Help for Heroes.

Hopefully the bears wont get us!!

http://www.yukonriverquest.com/

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What a trip, have a good one

I've got an old Nat Geo 70s documentary of the route, it looks a stunning place.

fatduck89

Nov 19, 2007
Goffs Oak
Hopefully cya there! We will be cutting around in black shirts with Steelbacks plastered across it so you cant miss us! Looking all professional...that is untill we hit the water! haha.

Been reading up the route and doing what research I can, it looks amazing! Cant wait!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hopefully cya there! We will be cutting around in black shirts with Steelbacks plastered across it so you cant miss us! Looking all professional...that is untill we hit the water! haha.

Been reading up the route and doing what research I can, it looks amazing! Cant wait!

If you want to watch the 70s film drop me a PM and I'll send you a copy.

JohnL

Forager
Nov 20, 2007
West Sussex
I am jealous, I have been wanting to start training for this for a few years now, but I have never managed to perswade anyone to be a partner(despite being a kayak instructor & working with lots of other kayak instructors), & you need to be in at least a pair.

good luck, I shall look forward to hearing how it goes.

bearbait

Hi,

I thought you'd like to know that fatduck89 and his buddies as "The Steelbacks" successfully completed the Yukon River Quest in just under 59 hours. Full results available here.

It had been dry and sunny on the days leading up to race and of course on race start day it rained pretty well all day but it didn't seem to damped anyone's enthusiasm!

Well done to you guys (and to the others in the race). A sterling effort - and all in a good cause.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE