Your thoughts on a cheap, reliable (locking) folder??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I would also recommend opinels, but not so sure about strong. The tips tend to break easily (admittedly when abused)

The blades are thin, but once you've snapped the tip off (by doing something that a knife shouldn't be used for :slap: ) then it will be much tougher having removed the thin bit ;) I've got several opinels that I've used on and off for 20+ years and none are missing a tip. To me the only downside is that the wooden handles often swell with atmospheric moisture, so they refuse to open easily

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
Hi

I bought the Gerber DMF (manual) about a year ago. It ticks every box you have listed, but I think it was more than £20? I would say its no good for Bushcraft though. The blade has a large serrated portion and the metal is made of cheese. It doesn't keep a very good edge, hence the serrations, but it is easy to get an edge back. Mine just floats about the house and does general 'house stuff'.

Hope this helps regarding the DMF.

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE