You gotta get a pair of these.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Just bought a pair of Keen Newports and I think they are going to be great. A really good hybrid between sandal and walking trainer. Will try them out walking around Lake Como (hols coming up) but will also be great for general walking and canoeing, just need to see if I can squeeze into my kayak with them on.

I will give a report in a couple of months.
http://www.keenfootwear.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=110220

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
I have a pair of those and they are the mutts nuts :naughty:

Mine have been abused all summer while canoeing and stomping and are reallly well made.

I wear goretex socks with mine if I'm off adventuring, saves lugging boots/ wellies about.

I looked long and hard at these before finally going for a Merrell equivalent as I was in NYC earlier on this year and the $ / £ thing made them pretty cheap.

http://www.fitnessfootwear.com/images/product/large/414.jpg

Can't comment on the Keen version, KAE1, but, once broken in, I think you'll find the design, at least, pretty good.

Cool and protected feet!

P.S (Edit) - take some talc and plasters with you just in case - walking trainers are normally broken in with socks on before "going commando" as it were! I got blisters with mine at first, before breaking them in with plasters at the rubbing points and plenty of talc - now they're like slippers!

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
TFS, I very nearly bought the Merrels but got really annoyed when the insoles kept coming out every time I took them off, minor thing I know. My sandals are usually Merrel so I am sure they will be fine.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Had mine for a couple of years now and they coped admirably with canoeing down the ardeche - whether wet or dry they are very comfortable, although, of course, don't provide a huge amount of ankle support.

Easy to clean and don't fall apart if wet.

I'll certainly be getting more of these in the future! :approve:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE