Yorkshire Dales Three Peaks Hell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RLD

Mar 26, 2008
Lancashire
3 years ago i did the 3 peaks i had just gon 60 but i have been up the dales from being 12 years old been on all three many many times was in the cave rescue in the 60 tis any way two blizzards and rain 12hr later back and i am pleased after all these years i did it but must say on the way to the top of Inglborugh i nearly gave up but a rest and then onto the top you are right you do need to be in good shape

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
Baling out on the three peaks isn't easy, as by the time you've done half of it, the only way back involves going over the third peak anyway!
If anyone fancies a bale out option, it's best to leave one car at Ribblehead, then drive back to Horton to start. That way, you can bale out before doing Whernside, or go on and do Whernside, but give Inglebugger a miss.
Me and Darren will be doing it sometime after Crimbo, if anyone fancies joing us...:rolleyes:

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Me and Darren will be doing it sometime after Crimbo, if anyone fancies joing us...:rolleyes:

I'll be up for that. Grew up in Embsay and now live in Otley and have done 2 of the 3 peaks with the kids - would like to do it at 'proper' speed now!

Snozz

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
One should never be ashamed to bail out in my opinion. Especially if the reason is safety related. And if I'm not enjoying myself I'm not sure why I'd want to press on. I agree that challenges should challange, but the hills will still be there another day. I'd far rather fall back to the Station Inn and have another go than risk a Mountain Rescue call-out because I felt my pride was more important than my well being at the time . . .

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
My point was that unless you've previously considered baling out and prepared for the possibility by leaving a car at Ribblehead (where the Station pub is!) it's difficult to bale out and get back to the start without going over Ingleboro' anyway, unless you want to do a long and boring road walk...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE