Yet another

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wozbo

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2007
south yorkshire
Hi thought id show you a new knife iv just made , its 3mm 01 zebrano scales black liners silver steel pins, its got a recurve blade. hope you like it.let me know what you think, thanks for looking . Warren

2008_08160044.jpg

2008_08160043.jpg

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Nice job I like zebrano but havent used it yet.

I can understand swith's comments about sharpening waht is it like?

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Nice blade!

I have a kershaw green bump assisted that has the recurve toward the handle.. and it took about a week to figure out to sharpen the thing on a stone... It is a flat grind, so the secind bevel is probably more suited for sharpening with ceramic rods. Nevertheless, It can be done on a stone, but you'll have to do some profile rounding on the edge of the stone to get good consistent contact.

Oh yeah, also because of the way the recurve works, it is almost the exact opposite of sharpening a regular drop point. rather than lifting at the end of the stroke, you have to lift first and then level out! .... That'll make use of both halves of the brain!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE