www.woodcraftschool.co.uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 20, 2007
Newport, Essex
Evening all,

Just starting to actually "do" some bushcraft after doing it in my mind for years following the likes of RM even when he was in Tracks on BBC2, so just wondered whether any of you had any experience of the above survival school.

I am contemplating going on their weekend course, "The Essence of Bushcraft" have any of you guys/gals been on one at this place? I can't find any reviews of it anywhere!?

The only drawback is that it is only in summer, and ideally i wanted to do a course in Feb-March time.

Are there any others you can recommend, that have all-year availability?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, mods please move as appropriate.

Many thanks,

Jonathan

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi Jonathan
two years ago the wife brought me the best xmas present ever a Bowmaking Course with Woodcraft. The course was superb John and his instructers make you most welcome.The course are run in ancient woodlands north of Midhurst, Sussex. I have since been on two further courses with John and received the same excellent treatment each time. There are other companies which also receive excellent praise on the forum, but having attended lots of courses through work I can not recommend Woodcrafts courses highly enough as Johns method of teaching is superb.
What ever company you choose welcome to the wonderfull world of Bushcraft, and also do not forget The Bushmoots that BCUK hold
I hope this info helps

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi Jonathan

I have to agree with Charlie, both with Woodcraft being an excellent school and attending the Moots.

Look in the section on meet ups as there is usually a local BCUK meet happening somewhere and the costs are minimal.

Cheers and good luck

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE