Woods June 2011 - Pic Heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Took youngest up the woods today as his school was shut because of the industrial action that was being undertaken, still as more than person told me today, he probably learnt more in the woods than being at school anyway - lol, eldest didnt join us on this trip as his trip to British Libray still went ahead.

Few pics of the day out

The entrance to heaven

DSCF2821.jpg

the camp area

DSCF2823.jpg

while we were there i wanted to collect some materials to replenish the wood pile at home, so i took a nice Ash sapling and some Hazel, here's youngest holding the piece of Ash

DSCF2830.jpg

and then processing some of the timber with the axe

DSCF2834.jpg

DSCF2839.jpg

The Ash & hazel were then sawn into shorter lengths

DSCF2871.jpg

the Ash being transported over my shoulder and the Hazel being carried back to the car in my Sabre 45

DSCF2874.jpg

the Mora gives a sense of scale to the timber, after we had processed the wood yougest wanted to hone his axe skills on some of the waste wood

DSCF2841.jpg

then he wanted to practice building some traps, so we made a Fig 4 and a couple of toggle snare traps

DSCF2854.jpg

before we settled down and did some target practice with our catapults, we made a short video of it here

after all of this we had a wander round and were amazed at the sheer number of hazelnuts that are around, more than we have seen in these woods for a long time

DSCF2869.jpg

then a tidy up and clear away before carrying all the timber back to the car and hitting the road home, superb day out with loads of laughs ands lots of skills practiced.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE