Woodland Trust - Visit Woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Great site that's going to be very useful

Just tried searching with the only option of "camping allowed", only 10 woods returned accross the UK. Oh well could be worse could be 0.

LOL... the wood nearest me that allows camping has a certain reputation which makes it a place I'd not like to wander around on my own... :yikes:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Dogging? Or worse?

:lmao::lmao:...that and worse Chad.

We used to have a group of offenders who worked there once a week helping to clear paths etc and they were regularly propositioned. It got so bad that they refused to go anywhere unless it was as a group. In the end we closed the project down because of all the trouble it caused.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
:lmao::lmao:...that and worse Chad.

We used to have a group of offenders who worked there once a week helping to clear paths etc and they were regularly propositioned. It got so bad that they refused to go anywhere unless it was as a group. In the end we closed the project down because of all the trouble it caused.

Ya I figured as much Steve. I wouldn't appreciate urban bushcrafting, there are too many places to get mugged or bummed within city limits! If that's going to happen it should be in the sticks with banjos playing in the background...:yikes::AR15firin

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Ya I figured as much Steve. I wouldn't appreciate urban bushcrafting, there are too many places to get mugged or bummed within city limits! If that's going to happen it should be in the sticks with banjos playing in the background...:yikes::AR15firin

hahaha brilliant mate,....well,..you know what i mean,.....hahaha

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire

That reminds me, i've just orderd a copy of "deliverance" off ebay.

Rob

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I used the visit woods website this morning to find somewhere new to go with the dog, and ended up in a little gem of a place only a few miles away, which I would never have otherwise found. Great link. Thank you.

Interesting to note that there is a link to contact the landowner of the woodland too (you have to register first) - a good way of seeking permissions, perhaps?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE