Wild service tree

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
will keep ya posted :)

do i have to do anything funny to the seeds like freeze em or let them dry out before they will germinate?

was planing on taking the seeds out of the fruit and planting in a propagator

already had a little inspection, seems there is one tiny dark brown seed in each

flesh tastes a little like dates

Tant

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Tantalus said:
will keep ya posted :)

do i have to do anything funny to the seeds like freeze em or let them dry out before they will germinate?
Here is some advice I saw on propagation:

"Collect the fruits from tree when brown. Ensure there are other trees near by as seeds from a single tree may be sterile. Remove flesh from fruit immediately and sow. Stratification will aid germination, a large amount of seeds needed to ensure some germination."

There is a very good explanation on Stratification here. Check out the site for growing native trees:

Stratification

I would be happy to send you some seeds from down here in S of France where they grow wonderfully and fruit a lot. Personally they tasted more of a sweet/sour citrus marmalade :) The way I eat them is to simply hold the fruit and squeeze until a thick, gungy paste comes out of the top and eat that as this avoids the skin and seed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE