wild pig / deer digging?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shiki_no_uta

Feb 2, 2011
Berlin, Germany
www.pfaf.org
anybody knows the difference between the way this two animals dig looking for roots? i've found many diggings in the forest arround where i live, and i was wondering who made them. My experience tells me that when a pig does it, it looks like it was made with this industrial machine for agriculture
chi_ARADO%20VERTEDERAS%20FIJO%20AAH.jpg

really deep, very moved. But the ones i saw arround doesn't look so deep and are like spots here and there, no complete areas.
any idea?

Laughoutlouder

Forager
Jun 21, 2009
Dublin
Fairly nice way to put wild boar foraging/digging(using their noses), yes it looks a bit like a plow. If ur in berlin head up the the woods around teufelsee in west berlin(think its in charlottenburg). Near the okowerk and around the nudist lake beside it and you will see them in the evening or mornings. They are fairly used to people there so sometimes come out in the middle of the day too. I met about 5 adults and probably about 30 young just at the front of the okowerk once. Keep your distance, leave the dog at home and use your common sense and you should be fine.

shiki_no_uta

Feb 2, 2011
Berlin, Germany
www.pfaf.org
Fairly nice way to put wild boar foraging/digging(using their noses), yes it looks a bit like a plow. If ur in berlin head up the the woods around teufelsee in west berlin(think its in charlottenburg). Near the okowerk and around the nudist lake beside it and you will see them in the evening or mornings. They are fairly used to people there so sometimes come out in the middle of the day too. I met about 5 adults and probably about 30 young just at the front of the okowerk once. Keep your distance, leave the dog at home and use your common sense and you should be fine.

thanks a lot for the info, i can check it one day. quite usefull
i'll try to borrow a camera as soon as i can

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
here is aussieland, wild pig are big and dug up the ground and they reckon they attack people,, that why i carry a long knife and good pair of running sheos ^^

Whenever I read something that starts "they reckon" I take my large pinch of salt. Just out of interest, not that it is likely to happen, if you were attached by said pig what exactly are you going to do with your big knife?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE