Which disaster movie/book...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Another part of Cast Away I find fascinating is 'Wilson'.

Extended times away from home and particularly in a lonely environment, it is quite bizarre how you can get an emotional attachment to things...

Agreed. I found I was spending a lot of time on trains with the only company being my pack. I've named her Alice.

These days I spend a lot of time in the company of my Brompton, we've done many thousands of miles together. I keep thinking she should have a name, but in the 8 years and thousands of miles, I've yet to find a suitable name for her.

But I digress from the topic.

J

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Agreed. I found I was spending a lot of time on trains with the only company being my pack. I've named her Alice.

These days I spend a lot of time in the company of my Brompton, we've done many thousands of miles together. I keep thinking she should have a name, but in the 8 years and thousands of miles, I've yet to find a suitable name for her.

But I digress from the topic.

J

Call me odd but I always had something like Luna (as in Lunar cycle) as a name for a folding bike, also they both wax and wane in size. (Or just pick.a moon goddess, Artemis, Diana & so on).
Sorry I too tend to anthropomorphise things in my head. :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Call me odd but I always had something like Luna (as in Lunar cycle) as a name for a folding bike, also they both wax and wane in size. (Or just pick.a moon goddess, Artemis, Diana & so on).

Luna, I like it. I think you may have just named my Brompton.

Sorry I too tend to anthropomorphise things in my head. :D

You shouldn't Anthropomorphise things, they don't like it :p

J

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Luna, I like it. I think you may have just named my Brompton.

You shouldn't Anthropomorphise things, they don't like it :p

J

Yes William my billhook often tells me off for doing that. :rolleyes:

Glad you like the Luna name. I used to have a racing bike called Loviatar as a youngster. She was a Persian goddess of pain and I used to hurt after the training I did with.her.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Last edited:

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Books
Survivors
Genesis of a Hero
Death of Grass
Lord of the Flies
Day of the Triffids

TV
Survivors

"Death of Grass" Was also done as a film. Iv read the book and seen the film (on youtube ) The book was great and I really enjoyed reading it, The film was good too but made on a low budget and there were some differences from the book. Worth watching

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE