Which Basha?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 5, 2014
Derbyshire :-D
I'm looking for a basha for longer trips or wet weather trips to give me plenty of sleeping/working space. Which do you think I should get??? The british army basha or the DD hammocks 3x3 tarp?:confused:

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
I'm looking for a basha for longer trips or wet weather trips to give me plenty of sleeping/working space. Which do you think I should get??? The british army basha or the DD hammocks 3x3 tarp?:confused:

I started bushcraft using the British Army basha and it's great, then I got a DD 3x3 and realised that the Army one is too heavy, I'd recommend the DD tarp every time.

Cheers
Steve

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have both and both get used equally, the basha is better for concealment for times when you don't want to be seen :)

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Yep I'll agree with the DD recommendations. I think most of the army basha's are around 2.65m x 1.75m so I'd rule them out if your wanting a plenty of work space.
DD have a few options to suit your needs :
the standard 3m x 3m (790g) or
XL 4.5m x 3m (1020g) or
the superlight 3m x 2.9m (460g)

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Another vote for the DD 3 x 3.

I have a brown one that merged into Glen Nevis very successfully.

The larger one can be a bit unwieldy IMHO as it has a big footprint in wooded areas.

fluffkitten

Mar 8, 2014
Nottingham
Love my army basha (2.5 x 2.1) but it is a fair bit heavier than the DD 3 x 3, but it did cost me a lot less and does what I want as a ground dweller so far. If I could afford it I would buy the DD though, just seems the most versatile size going.

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
Yet another vote for the DD basha. I've used the army one a lot in the past and they're great for keeping hidden but the 3 metre DD is palatial by comparison. Loads of space for you and kit!
Great value too and being polyester rather than nylon shoukd survive years of UV abuse.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Of the two choices given, I would opt for the DD. There are a number of reasons I love military tarps but 3x3 is a better size and at a lower weight.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I'm a big fan of the issue basha but for weight and space I would go for the DD 3x3.
Covers hammock and ground dwelling easily. Also big enough for 2 if needed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE