Where in Scotland for bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Hi, any sugestions on good locations in Scotland for camping, hiking and bushcraft?
I usually go to places such as Loch Earnhead, Voil, Tay, or Loch Awe doubling up with some fishing along the way.
Got a DD hammock that needs testing along with some other kit aquired over Christmas so any suggestions welcome, thanks.

Thorfinn

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2006
West Lothian
If you just have a good look at the map you can see the really wooded areas of Scotland. Galloway Forest is good And most places on the west coast. I went to a place in Rothiemurckus it was very enjoyable.

We're just in the proccess of finding somewhere to go on the week of march 4th to the 11th. the more the merrier.

Oh and welcome

Sutherland,

head as far north and west as you can and find a cove or sea loch at least 5 miles from the nearest road. Abandon your car, walk in, live like a hermit and love it for 14 days, walk out and find your car trashed but you r so suitably chilled with your bushcrafting u can deal with it!

Good luck

B

bushyboo

Hi stu and welcome
I usualy go fishing and bushying at the same time too, got to say there is some nice spots on the north shore of loch awe if you dont mind a bit of a trek
You didnt mention lomond some good places there too and just up the road

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Good shout all round although not sure about two weeks in a cave w00dsmoke
Could be up for march Stuart F thanks for the invite i'll let you know nearer the time. Done a lot of camping around lomond a few years ago bushyboo, quite fancy heading into the hills around therefor a wee adventure.
thanks again for the welcome and replies

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Hey,

There are a few nice places. It depends if you have a car or not. I am limited in where I can go. Loch Lomond is a nice area.

Just make sure you check the area out first. It's no the first time I have turned up to what the map said was a forest to find only tree stumps, heh.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Scuba Pete said:
Just make sure you check the area out first. It's no the first time I have turned up to what the map said was a forest to find only tree stumps, heh.

Or two foot high saplings... ;)

An interesting site for checking out places you might want to go is Geograph UK - they're trying to amass a collection of representative photos for every OS grid square in Britian. Nowhere near full coverage yet, but if they do have photos of the area you're interested in, in can be very helpful.

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE