Warwickshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jtbutcher

Jan 18, 2011
Warwickshire, UK
Does anyone know of any easy access wooded areas around warwick and leamington with public access or that permission can be obtained?

I was going to have a look at oakley wood but am not aware of much else in the area.

Sent from my HTC Dream using Tapatalk

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Have a look at Hay Woods out near Baddesley Clinton. Excellent for mushrooms in the autumn (see this post), and I've seen deer, rabbits and pheasants there too.

It's possible to find some quieter areas up in the north-west corner, but they tend to have less broad-leaf tress and more firs/pines etc.

Access can be limited during the shooting season but there's still plenty of space to wander around.

Crackley Woods are nice - we took our Cub Scouts up there last week for a night hike along the greenway - but it's less secluded as it's so much closer to Kenilworth.

Reactions: MattyWW

essgee23

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 27, 2013
warwickshire
bit of a big bump this...but looking for an area with permission to 'wild' camp in warwickshire area.. have seen a few posts on here and naturalbushcraft about leamington spa and would really love to find somewhere to go and practise a few skills.

any ideas?

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
Looking for the same thing as well. I've spotted likely looking places, but all are private or council owned, with dubious or no permission and no idea of who to contact.

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
I'm not far from the new Morrison's. There's an area at the end of my road called 'New Waters' that would be great, but I have no idea who owns it!

MattyWW

Feb 11, 2023
Leamington Spa
Bump up to 2023 – I'm looking for somewhere similar in the area. Has anyone camped in Hay Wood or has been able to get permission in the leamington/warwick area?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE