VERY LARGE Stockpot needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Does anyone coming to the Moot have a very large stockpot knocking around that they're not using?

Reason I'm asking is I've been given a load of beeswax (with the promise of more as my friendly beekeeper tends her hives) still in honeycomb which needs to be rendered down. I was thinking doing that at the moot.

I'd need one about that's about 15-20 ltrs capacity. Just to be warned I'm told that once it's been used for rendering you can never get it clean of the wax again so I'm happy to share some of the wax with you for the pot.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Does anyone coming to the Moot have a very large stockpot knocking around that they're not using?

Reason I'm asking is I've been given a load of beeswax (with the promise of more as my friendly beekeeper tends her hives) still in honeycomb which needs to be rendered down. I was thinking doing that at the moot.

I'd need one about that's about 15-20 ltrs capacity. Just to be warned I'm told that once it's been used for rendering you can never get it clean of the wax again so I'm happy to share some of the wax with you for the pot.

Sorry, can't make it to the Moot, but, I would describe cleaning it as 'very difficult' rather than impossible.

I scraped any residue out, boiled several lots of water in it, pouring it away and scrubbing each time. Then used detergent with very hot water - and it still felt 'waxy' inside. I finally resorted to scrubbing it out with white spirit then detergent again - it finally came clean enough to use for food :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE