Tips Wanted - Creating An Internet Presence

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Firstly - I'm asking on behalf of a Friend who has just started trying to gain momentum for his new side business of Teaching Guitar Lessons. We have both ( along with others been made redundant ) so you would be helping him/me out.

Secondly - I know we have many IT savvy creative thinkers knowledgeable persons here - so I'd like to pick your brains if I may.

As mentioned - My Friend is a good ( he would say great!! ) musician , but not exactly skilled in creating an Internet Presence. What would be the best way for him to do so and get Google to get 'his' home page up the rankings??

So my initial thoughts were ( please correct me if wrong )

Home page created on WORDPRESS

Various Linked Media formats with back links to the word press home page :- I was thinking Face Book, YouTube , Instagram

BLOG on the homepage to be regularly updated with fresh content , music and photos.

My limited understanding ( again , correct me if incorrect ) is Google is like a Lazy Librarian - it will reach more regularly for the Book ( page ) that has regular fresh content that is available across a broad spectrum of formats.

Any tips, cheats, suggestions , links to ' how to ' pages appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Would he not do better by staying local, especially if his intention is to give lessons, Facebook have lots of Local Groups as well as Gumtree, Freeads and no doubt a few more, all free. I don't see the point in paying to be at the top in Google searches, when your intention is to trade locally.
If his intention is to give lessons via the internet, he should look at what is already available

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Would he not do better by staying local, especially if his intention is to give lessons, Facebook have lots of Local Groups as well as Gumtree, Freeads and no doubt a few more, all free. I don't see the point in paying to be at the top in Google searches, when your intention is to trade locally.
If his intention is to give lessons via the internet, he should look at what is already available

As I hope I have managed to convey , neither he , nor I am claiming to know entirely what we are doing.

So how do you keep the search local? or increase the ability for it to be 'seen' locally?

Please feel free to give best advice to achieve that.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
You can put an ad on Facebook, in a local community group near you, you can put an ad in Gumtree, Craigs list,all local to you, people normally search these places on the locality, for eg. Gumtree,Cornwall, St.austell, so it can be seen by people near you, Freeads is another one, these are all free, so at least you can test the water before spending money on websites etc,can give you some idea of the need locally, obviously you can then spread out a bit, if you are willing to travel, or if your likely customers are willing to, also as there are probably similar ads on these sites, it could give you some idea of what you can charge, and what competition there is.
Another way, depending on the skill and expertise level, is to offer the service to schools, youth groups, to be carried out after school, but you would need to be DAB checked for that.
for instance if you go onto Gumtree Exeter, there is no-one offering guitar tuition in the vicinity of Exeter.
( the ref to you,is not too you personally, but to the person involved)

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE