Tilley Gunslinger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
After a power cut during the snow and the fun & games that followed trying light my Tilley lamp. We played such classics as Hunt the meths and Honey can I borrow a funnel? I had an idea... the wife however talked me out of setting fire to the snowman and suggested something more practical.

Meths, lighter, pouches for stuff (spare mantles, pump washers etc) plus a funnel that would always stay with Tilley. Something functional yet decorative enough for her to grant the lamp shelf space in the kitchen when not in use.
IMAG3082.jpg
Working on the holster with the concealed funnel at the moment, my inner child said get the novelty lighter with the laser sight on top and am regretting it now but will figure something out. Still a work in progress for now.

tilley-side.JPG
Found a rubber funnel ...
don't laugh the angle of the dangle is just right and it fits the tank opening.

tillet2.JPG

Bandolier close-up with vape bottle cartridges. Slightly longer than a normal 12 gauge but close enough and the screw tops are the childproof type. This provides a small insulating air gap and combined with the shotgun brass acting as a reflective heat shield the contents stay relatively cool when the lamp is running for a tabletop demo.
IMAG3049.jpg

FYI: that's the 'Halo' brand bottles. However you do have to knock out the primer cap, cut it in half then reassemble to get the brass on far enough for a snug push fit.
They hold 10ml and is just the right amount of meths for a cold start. With the old lamp capable of running for 12 hours on a full tank of paraffin then worst case scenario six shots should be plenty.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE